Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-27-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-27-2016 04:52 AM)vasbro Wrote:  Toasty, I am typing in at my monitor and desktop settings 1920x1080 but the res isnt changing. How do I change the res to 1920x1080? Please help. I can send screenshots if you want
You didn't answer my questions, and you're not making any sense. What do you mean the resolution isn't changing? What are you doing? I don't see how reset-all.exe would have caused this. It should have reset everything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2016, 12:21 PM
(01-27-2016 01:23 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-25-2016 03:50 PM)Durial Wrote:  Is there an option to reset everything completely?
Are the instructions in the main post not working for you?

Very sorry, thanks again for the program Smile.
01-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Hey ToastyX and hello to everyone else.

Firstly thank you for this utility, it's incredibly useful. I just have a quick question, if anyone has further insight or tips please pass them on.

I've been using this utility to correct the edid of my monitor/receiver so I can bitstream dtshd audio. It needs 8 channels and although my receiver is capable it was only being recognized by windows as supporting 6 channels. Using the custom extension block worked perfectly for this and I've been listening to dtshd audio without any hiccups.

Now, my only problem here is, that when I restart my computer the changes don't stick. Meaning I have to run CRU again, and restart the display driver to see the affects. Is there any way I can make this change a permanent one? Perhaps I am missing something. I am still only learning about all of this.

Thanks for your time guys, I look forward to learning more on this forum from everyone. Smile
01-27-2016, 06:10 PM
(01-27-2016 03:01 PM)DEOREM Wrote:  Now, my only problem here is, that when I restart my computer the changes don't stick. Meaning I have to run CRU again, and restart the display driver to see the affects. Is there any way I can make this change a permanent one? Perhaps I am missing something. I am still only learning about all of this.
The changes are supposed to stick. When you say you have to run CRU again, do you mean you have to add the custom extension block again or do you only need to restart the display driver?
01-27-2016, 06:42 PM
(01-27-2016 06:10 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 03:01 PM)DEOREM Wrote:  Now, my only problem here is, that when I restart my computer the changes don't stick. Meaning I have to run CRU again, and restart the display driver to see the affects. Is there any way I can make this change a permanent one? Perhaps I am missing something. I am still only learning about all of this.
The changes are supposed to stick. When you say you have to run CRU again, do you mean you have to add the custom extension block again or do you only need to restart the display driver?

Thanks for the reply, the custom extension block is already there and CRU has asterisks beside my active receiver so I know its enabled.

I just have to restart the display driver for it to appear and get the 8 channel audio support. Any other way I can get it to permanently override the registry?
01-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Hi there,

I've managed to add a custom resolution to my Samsung PS64E8005, 71.928Hz with bitstream enabled.

But sometimes BOTH my monitors goes completely black, completely randomly, and the only way to get around it is to do a hard reset of my PC.
When viewing dark pictures or just looking at a dark background, pixels (only on the darker areas) flash and change colors, is there some settings I can tweak to get around this?

I don't experience any of these problems when running the default 60Hz.
Attached is a screen of my current setup.

Thanks,
Victor

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Hello!
I have a passive 3D TV with 1920*1080 Resolution and 60 Hz and a Samsung Sorround System with 5.1 Speakers. They are connect with a HDMI-Switch.
In the Extension Block is 5.1 Sound enabled and this works fine.
Is it possible to enable 3D in CRU?
01-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Ok Toasty something very strange has happened.

I reset the whole settings and it worked fine, my 4k monitor was now back at 60hz.

I just used tails v2 on my PC and it has now for some reason set it back to 30hz. I tried pressing delete like I did last time to reconfigure, but now windows is not allowing me to use 60hz, despite the correct 60hz option being present in CRU.

Any ideas?
01-31-2016, 01:16 AM
(01-27-2016 06:42 PM)DEOREM Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, the custom extension block is already there and CRU has asterisks beside my active receiver so I know its enabled.

I just have to restart the display driver for it to appear and get the 8 channel audio support. Any other way I can get it to permanently override the registry?
The override is already in the registry. The problem is the driver isn't loading it the first time. I'm not sure why that's happening, but since this also involves audio, maybe it has to do with the order that the drivers load in Windows. I don't know if there's a way around that.
01-31-2016, 01:20 AM
(01-28-2016 04:32 PM)Dalle Wrote:  I've managed to add a custom resolution to my Samsung PS64E8005, 71.928Hz with bitstream enabled.

But sometimes BOTH my monitors goes completely black, completely randomly, and the only way to get around it is to do a hard reset of my PC.
When viewing dark pictures or just looking at a dark background, pixels (only on the darker areas) flash and change colors, is there some settings I can tweak to get around this?
TVs usually want the "LCD native" timing parameters. The audio is transmitted during the blanking periods, so I don't expect "LCD reduced" to work properly with audio.