Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-14-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
When I make a new custom resolution and I reboot, I get a black screen and it never goes away, is there a fix for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2017, 06:01 PM (Last edited: 01-15-2017, 10:17 PM by Beryv)
Someone with BenQ GW2270 , how high you can raise hz for a stable oc ? I can't even reach 70 hz (everything is blury)

Edit : nevermind , i didint read the main thread how i should , my dvi was limited to 165mhz , i downloaded the unlocker for ati and now i can make 70 hz Smile

Edit edit : my current cable is single dvi-d to single dvi-d , (with the max frequency is 165mhz) but i have another cable , http://www.allsystemsbroadband.com/wp-co..._specs.pdf this , it's hdmi 1.3 to single dvi-d (my video card supports hdmi but my monitor does't) will improve something ?
01-15-2017, 09:03 PM
(01-13-2017 01:34 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-13-2017 12:38 AM)billycarter86 Wrote:  Hey ToastyX. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently using a Vizio E552VLE Television as a monitor. I have already pushed the television successfully to 120HZ.

The problem I have is that once I overclock the tv, I lose all audio. I have tried using different audio outputs but to no avail. I use HDMI for audio and video from my system. If I use Radeon Relive I can overclock to 95hz max and still keep audio.
What timing parameters did you use? Try the "LCD native" timing option. "LCD standard" at 120 Hz does not have enough horizontal blanking for the audio data.

I am currently useing LCD Native @ 120

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-16-2017, 07:37 PM
(01-15-2017 09:03 PM)billycarter86 Wrote:  I am currently useing LCD Native @ 120
That's a driver issue then. Those are the correct timing parameters for 120 Hz, so there should be audio. Try using a "TV resolutions" data block in the extension block to add 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz as a TV resolution.
01-16-2017, 07:38 PM
(01-15-2017 06:01 PM)Beryv Wrote:  Edit edit : my current cable is single dvi-d to single dvi-d , (with the max frequency is 165mhz) but i have another cable , http://www.allsystemsbroadband.com/wp-co..._specs.pdf this , it's hdmi 1.3 to single dvi-d (my video card supports hdmi but my monitor does't) will improve something ?
HDMI will just act like single-link DVI with a DVI monitor, so that won't make a difference.
01-16-2017, 07:39 PM
(01-14-2017 07:56 PM)an55432 Wrote:  When I make a new custom resolution and I reboot, I get a black screen and it never goes away, is there a fix for this?
Run reset-all.exe in safe mode. I shouldn't have to keep telling people this. It's in the instructions in the first post. Use restart.exe instead of rebooting so you can press F8 if you can't see the screen.
01-16-2017, 07:42 PM
(01-14-2017 05:48 PM)nfshp253 Wrote:  Hi guys, I have a peculiar problem here. I have a 1280x1024 monitor that I'm trying to do a custom 1440x1152 resolution on. Over VGA (using an adaptor on the GPU's DVI port), it works well. But when I switch over to the monitor's DVI port (on the same GPU DVI port as above), the monitor says 'Cannot display this video mode'. What gives?

Additionally, I have another 1280x1024 monitor running well at 1440x1152 over DVI-I. When I use the DVI-D port, it gives an permanent 'input signal out of range' message, while displaying the image just fine behind it. Any ideas why?
LCD monitors are only designed to display the native resolution. Anything beyond that is up to the scaler and firmware in the monitor. Monitors will usually accept lower resolutions, but many will not accept higher resolutions. The results can vary depending on the model and even different ports on the same monitor.
01-17-2017, 05:50 PM
I have an HP Omen 32 hooked up to my RX 480 through display port. It is a 1440p @ 75Hz display. I was able to increase the Freesync range from 48-75 to 30-75 with CRU and that has been working great for a while now.

I recently tried to use higher refresh rates, but have run into problems. I cannot seem to go above 300 MHz pixel clock (~76 Hz) without the monitor complaining about being out of range.

The weird thing to me is that the monitor still works and I can run frame skipping tests and play games fine. It doesn't even always display the out of range message. However, I can reliably cause the message to appear by turning on/off the OSD or turning the monitor off/on. Messing with the resolution settings in games will often cause the message to appear as well. The display continues to work even with the message, but obviously it would be annoying to try to use it like that.

I have tried all of the timing presets as well as the timings from the built-in 75 Hz resolution and get similar results. I have also tried increasing the H rate and pixel clock range limits as well with the same results.

Any idea what my problem could be?
01-18-2017, 05:40 PM
(01-17-2017 05:50 PM)Istario Wrote:  I recently tried to use higher refresh rates, but have run into problems. I cannot seem to go above 300 MHz pixel clock (~76 Hz) without the monitor complaining about being out of range.

The weird thing to me is that the monitor still works and I can run frame skipping tests and play games fine. It doesn't even always display the out of range message. However, I can reliably cause the message to appear by turning on/off the OSD or turning the monitor off/on. Messing with the resolution settings in games will often cause the message to appear as well. The display continues to work even with the message, but obviously it would be annoying to try to use it like that.

I have tried all of the timing presets as well as the timings from the built-in 75 Hz resolution and get similar results. I have also tried increasing the H rate and pixel clock range limits as well with the same results.

Any idea what my problem could be?
Clearly the monitor's firmware was not designed to handle higher refresh rates even if the monitor can do it.
01-18-2017, 07:28 PM
(01-18-2017 05:40 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Clearly the monitor's firmware was not designed to handle higher refresh rates even if the monitor can do it.

I figured it would be something like that. Thanks for the response.