Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-19-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-19-2013 02:25 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Is 75 Hz available as a choice? If not, AMD's control center should have an option to manually set the maximum resolution and refresh rate when using VGA. If you want to use CRU instead, you have to make sure the EDID option is enabled.

There is no such option, i can only choose preset resolution and only available refresh rate is 60 Hz. I wasn't able to set it to 75 Hz until i used CRU, but it has "visual" effect only, real refresh rate does not changeSad

"CRT Standard" is doing same thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2013, 03:24 AM
(09-19-2013 11:50 AM)Inssne Wrote:  I wasn't able to set it to 75 Hz until i used CRU, but it has "visual" effect only, real refresh rate does not changeSad
So 75 Hz is available after using CRU, but it has no effect? Are you sure? Check the monitor's OSD. It should have an info section where it reports what resolution and refresh rate it's actually receiving.

(09-19-2013 11:50 AM)Inssne Wrote:  There is no such option, i can only choose preset resolution and only available refresh rate is 60 Hz.
You don't have this?

[Image: http://www.toastyx.net/uncheckededid-1.jpg]
09-20-2013, 04:25 AM
(09-19-2013 10:53 AM)Zinkon Wrote:  My previous problem didn't appear when I rebooted. It appeared when I set the computer to sleep and then wake it. And here I thought everything was fixed Sad
That sounds like a driver bug. For some reason it's not loading the override when waking up from sleep.
09-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Thanx toasty great program:]. I have a compaq S2321a, 75hz runs great so i bumped it up to 80hz.Osd reports 80,and it actually comes up but i get input signal out of range box that moves around my screen slowly just wondering anyway to edit registry to turn it off.
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
That message box is being drawn by the monitor itself. There's no way around that.
09-20-2013, 05:49 PM
(09-20-2013 03:24 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 11:50 AM)Inssne Wrote:  I wasn't able to set it to 75 Hz until i used CRU, but it has "visual" effect only, real refresh rate does not changeSad
So 75 Hz is available after using CRU, but it has no effect? Are you sure? Check the monitor's OSD. It should have an info section where it reports what resolution and refresh rate it's actually receiving.

(09-19-2013 11:50 AM)Inssne Wrote:  There is no such option, i can only choose preset resolution and only available refresh rate is 60 Hz.
You don't have this?

[Image: http://www.toastyx.net/uncheckededid-1.jpg]

Dispaly Data Channel info is empty, so i suppose it doesn't support EDID.
From today my old LG is on it's well deserved rest, i've bought Asus PB238Q. Now i begin the quest to make it working at 70-75 HzSmile
09-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi ToastyX, When Nvidia comes out with new WHQ driver update like 327.23, what is the procedure for installing new Nvidia WHQ updates? Will it affect the CRU settings that I have? I haven't done it yet so I better ask the expert on this. My set up is doing fine and I don't want to ruin it.

Thank you.
09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
I just install the driver, then patch and restart. Make sure 60 Hz is available because the unpatched driver will need it.

Usually the settings will stick, but sometimes installing a new driver can create a new monitor entry. If that happens, you can use the copy and paste buttons at the top to copy all the resolutions from one entry to another, or you can export the settings to a file as a backup and import them back in.

Also, GeForce Experience is known to cause issues with EDID overrides, so install the NVIDIA driver without GeForce Experience by using the custom install option. I'm going to add a note about that.
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
(09-23-2013 02:20 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I just install the driver, then patch and restart. Make sure 60 Hz is available because the unpatched driver will need it.

Usually the settings will stick, but sometimes installing a new driver can create a new monitor entry. If that happens, you can use the copy and paste buttons at the top to copy all the resolutions from one entry to another, or you can export the settings to a file as a backup and import them back in.

Also, GeForce Experience is known to cause issues with EDID overrides, so install the NVIDIA driver without GeForce Experience by using the custom install option. I'm going to add a note about that.

Thanks man! Will do.
09-24-2013, 02:39 PM (Last edited: 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM by suikoden007)
Hello,

i am using a dell ultrawide 29'' Monitor with GTX 770 in SLI.
I added a custom resolution via the Nvidia Control Panel and was able to get it to 85Hz.
Also I did use the NVIDIA pixel clock patch-exe which is linked in another thread.

I am no longer able to set any other resolution than this custom resolution.
Can anyone please walk me through on how to get my "native" frequency back?

I am using GEForce Experience, yes.
Do I need to uninstall / re-install the latest Driver?