CRU monitor not reading as active
07-22-2022, 03:47 PM
CRU monitor not reading as active
i only ahve 1 monitor and its not reading as active in cru i also only have the default extension block which has no data blocks. is there any fix?

Many thanks,

Synced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: CRU monitor not reading as active
Something is wrong then. CRU gets the active monitors from Windows, so either Windows doesn't recognize an active monitor, or there isn't a valid EDID for the monitor. What GPU do you have, and do you have the GPU drivers installed? What monitor do you have, and how is it connected (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort)? Does Device Manager list any monitors, and if so, what is the name shown?
07-23-2022, 11:32 AM
(07-22-2022 07:02 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Something is wrong then. CRU gets the active monitors from Windows, so either Windows doesn't recognize an active monitor, or there isn't a valid EDID for the monitor. What GPU do you have, and do you have the GPU drivers installed? What monitor do you have, and how is it connected (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort)? Does Device Manager list any monitors, and if so, what is the name shown?
is there anything you could think of thats wrong and any fixes for them?

Thanks in advance
07-23-2022, 02:03 PM
You didn't answer the questions.
07-23-2022, 03:34 PM
(07-23-2022 02:03 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  You didn't answer the questions.

My apologies... i have a gigabyte g27fc and its connected by hdmi and device manager says the only monitor is PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard)

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much,

Synced
07-23-2022, 04:35 PM
(07-23-2022 03:34 PM)synced Wrote:  
(07-23-2022 02:03 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  You didn't answer the questions.

My apologies... i have a gigabyte g27fc and its connected by hdmi and device manager says the only monitor is PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard)

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much,

Synced
oh yeah i have the gtx 970 and im on 516.59

thanks!
07-23-2022, 04:51 PM
PnP-Monitor Lock is the Remote Utilities monitor driver. Are you using their remote desktop software? Their driver seems to be interfering with the way Windows detects monitors. Supposedly the driver was discontinued, so it shouldn't even be installed unless you're using an outdated version of their software. The monitor driver is only used for the blank remote screen feature, and newer versions use a different method that doesn't require the driver.
07-23-2022, 04:57 PM
(07-23-2022 04:51 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  PnP-Monitor Lock is the Remote Utilities monitor driver. Are you using their remote desktop software? Their driver seems to be interfering with the way Windows detects monitors. Supposedly the driver was discontinued, so it shouldn't even be installed unless you're using an outdated version of their software. The monitor driver is only used for the blank remote screen feature, and newer versions use a different method that doesn't require the driver.
hwo do i know if im using it? i dont think i am...
07-23-2022, 05:04 PM
(07-23-2022 04:57 PM)synced Wrote:  hwo do i know if im using it? i dont think i am...
Is this your computer? There's no reason for the driver to be installed unless the Remote Utilities software was installed. The software should be listed in Add/Remove programs if it's installed. This is their site: https://www.remoteutilities.com/
07-23-2022, 05:07 PM
(07-23-2022 05:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-23-2022 04:57 PM)synced Wrote:  hwo do i know if im using it? i dont think i am...
Is this your computer? There's no reason for the driver to be installed unless the Remote Utilities software was installed. The software should be listed in Add/Remove programs if it's installed. This is their site: https://www.remoteutilities.com/

its my computer and its not even installed... updating everything on windows to see if that helps me.