AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
10-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Re: RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(10-15-2013 03:46 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Are you sure hardware acceleration is disabled? The only thing I'm aware of that would cause screen corruption with video playback is the memory clock issue I posted on the last page:

Yes I'm positive, but I should point out that these artifacts are more extreme than the usual corruption that used to occur when trying to play Flash video on patched drivers and custom resolutions and hardware acceleration enabled. Back then, the artifacts were limited to the video window itself (and everything around that window remained normal). Now, every inch of the entire screen is covered in a wash of corrupted image and colour. Hence my need to reset the system when this happens.

I'll try some earlier versions of Catalyst drivers and let you know if that fixes it. However, can you confirm if the patcher has been modified since aseptic approx. Jan 2012? I know that CRU was replaced with a version 1.2 but assume that if your utilities are causing this (rather than the drivers) then it would be the patcher rather than CRU, right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(10-15-2013 08:32 PM)Black Octagon Wrote:  Now, every inch of the entire screen is covered in a wash of corrupted image and colour.
Yes, that's what I mean. That happens if the memory clock changes when it shouldn't. If video acceleration is not active when that happens, then something else is causing the memory clock to change.

You can verify it's not the patch by unpatching the driver and trying "LCD reduced" at 84.9 Hz. The problem should still happen if it's the memory clock issue.

You can also verify it's not CRU by trying "LCD standard" at 81 Hz (or 100 Hz with the patch). That would avoid the memory clock issue.
10-16-2013, 12:24 AM (Last edited: 10-16-2013, 02:34 AM by Shogun)
Hello Toasty!

Thank you for your awesome software.

Im planning to buy this monitor:

Perfect Pixel New 27" QX2710 Evolution ll 2560x1440 QHD PLS Monitor Matte Screen

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140933690985?...1427.l2649

Id like to OC this monitor to 120h, however im still new into this Oc thing.

Edit: Got the latest AMD drivers installed and the latest Cap file as well.

Another prospect is the Crossover black tune 2755 (Perfect pixel)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Perfect-Pixel...35b&_uhb=1

Got myself a crossfire of 2*7970 and id like to know if i will have incompatible issues with the crossfire at the time ill be using your software like the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher

Would you recommend this one over the QNIX? Been told that the QNIX it's a proven OcAble monitor, but not to sure about the crossover.

Since i got 2 other monitors in place, will the Pixel Clock patcher will affect all the monitor or just the one im trying to Oc?

Thanks for your help.
10-16-2013, 02:48 AM
(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Got myself a crossfire of 2*7970 and id like to know if i will have incompatible issues with the crossfire at the time ill be using your software like the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
I can't guarantee anything, but people reported success as long as two bridges are used.

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Would you recommend this one over the QNIX? Been told that the QNIX it's a proven OcAble monitor, but not to sure about the crossover.
The CrossOver is not overclockable. Only the QNIX and X-Star monitors can be overclocked. Just make sure it has dual-link DVI only. The models with DisplayPort and HDMI are not overclockable.

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Since i got 2 other monitors in place, will the Pixel Clock patcher will affect all the monitor or just the one im trying to Oc?
The patcher only changes pixel clock limits. Custom resolutions can be added independently without affecting the other monitors.
10-16-2013, 03:01 AM (Last edited: 10-16-2013, 03:01 AM by Shogun)
(10-16-2013 02:48 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Got myself a crossfire of 2*7970 and id like to know if i will have incompatible issues with the crossfire at the time ill be using your software like the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
I can't guarantee anything, but people reported success as long as two bridges are used.

Excellent, will try that once i get the monitor.

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Would you recommend this one over the QNIX? Been told that the QNIX it's a proven OcAble monitor, but not to sure about the crossover.
The CrossOver is not overclockable. Only the QNIX and X-Star monitors can be overclocked. Just make sure it has dual-link DVI only. The models with DisplayPort and HDMI are not overclockable.

Some people are claiming that the Crossover 2755 is ocable, what do you know about this?

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Since i got 2 other monitors in place, will the Pixel Clock patcher will affect all the monitor or just the one im trying to Oc?
The patcher only changes pixel clock limits. Custom resolutions can be added independently without affecting the other monitors.

So, as long i have choose the right monitor( QNIX) and ocable to 120h, then, however before doing that i need to use another crossfire bridge and use your ATI Pixel clock patcher.

Thanks for your help Toasty.
10-16-2013, 03:22 AM
(10-16-2013 03:01 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Some people are claiming that the Crossover 2755 is ocable, what do you know about this?
I doubt it. I haven't seen anyone confirm whether or not it skips frames. If it has an OSD and multiple inputs, it probably skips frames.

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  So, as long i have choose the right monitor( QNIX) and ocable to 120h, then, however before doing that i need to use another crossfire bridge and use your ATI Pixel clock patcher.
Yes, that should work.
10-16-2013, 03:34 AM
(10-16-2013 03:22 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 03:01 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Some people are claiming that the Crossover 2755 is ocable, what do you know about this?
I doubt it. I haven't seen anyone confirm whether or not it skips frames. If it has an OSD and multiple inputs, it probably skips frames.

Indeed, it has multiple inputs like HDMI.

(10-16-2013 12:24 AM)Shogun Wrote:  So, as long i have choose the right monitor( QNIX) and ocable to 120h, then, however before doing that i need to use another crossfire bridge and use your ATI Pixel clock patcher.
Yes, that should work.

Before i jump into the ATI pixel patcher, do you recommend installing the aditional crossfire bridge? I just wanto to get the sequence right, it goes something like this:

1: Install the extra crossfire bridge
2:Connect the new QNIX
3:Use the ATI pixel clock
4:Use the CRU and setup the desire refresh rate on the QNIX only
5:Restart and wait for the best.

Cheers Toasty, and if everything goes well, i will be happy to send you some money due to your good work.

Thanks.
10-16-2013, 05:08 AM
That's the most logical order, but the order doesn't really matter as long as all the steps are done. Just make sure to keep 60 Hz around for driver updates so the unpatched driver has a resolution to use.
10-16-2013, 05:20 AM
(10-16-2013 05:08 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  That's the most logical order, but the order doesn't really matter as long as all the steps are done. Just make sure to keep 60 Hz around for driver updates so the unpatched driver has a resolution to use.

Im trying to understand about the driver update.

Once there is a new AMD driver update, should i go back and down clock the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then use CRU to use it back to 120 Hz?

Can you clarify that please?

Thanks/.
10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
(10-16-2013 05:20 AM)Shogun Wrote:  Once there is a new AMD driver update, should i go back and down clock the refresh rate to 60 Hz and then use CRU to use it back to 120 Hz?
No, you don't need to do that. The unpatched driver will ignore 120 Hz and automatically choose another resolution, so keep 60 Hz available in CRU so the unpatched driver can use it. Otherwise, it will try to use a lower resolution that the QNIX can't handle.