AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
01-17-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(01-17-2014 04:08 AM)d00hickey Wrote:  It's seems to me the patcher has changed something in the registry (regarding graphics) that I cannot repair.

Can someone please point me to all the files changed by the patcher so I can manually replace them and get my system working again (without patch)?

It would be greatly appreciated because my only other option is to format and start fresh with a clean OS install.
The patcher doesn't change anything in the registry. It only changes one file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\atikmdag.sys

That file gets removed when you uninstall the driver, and reinstalling the driver would install the unpatched version. Whatever problem you're having, it has nothing to do with the patcher.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I used the MCDU however I'm still getting a black screen and nothing has been fixed. If anything, made worse. The media center uses like 25% of my processing power and another process is started (some driver thing) that uses up to 75% of the CPU. I have an i5 3570k so this is kind of odd. I can end that second process and it does nothing so I have no idea what it really does.

Anyways, some help would be appreciated - running 13.12 on a 7970 and xstar monitor OC'd to 110hz.

Thanks Toasty for all of your work, great stuff!
01-28-2014, 04:38 PM
MCDU should fix the black screen for HDTV playback. If you're trying to play other types of videos, you might need to install the appropriate codecs because the Microsoft ones won't work anymore. Try the the K-Lite Codec Pack or the Kawaii Codec Pack.
01-29-2014, 03:10 AM
I have a Sharp 42in 120hz monitor that I am trying to get 120hz refresh rates I have ran your toasy x utility and unlocked my ati video card bought a high end hdmi cable the 120 hz is available in windows screen properties monitor however when I set it to 120hz says unsupported setting on the tv. Not sure what I am suppose to do at this point or where to look. Any help would be appreciated.
01-29-2014, 03:21 PM
I have an ATI R9 270, and I recently patched it (might not be the newest patching program?) and overclocked my QNIX to 120hz. Now flash videos are green. The hardware acceleration trick works, but only on programs where I have that option (firefox). It doesn't work on IE10 or Steam, since Steam has no option for hardware acceleration. Is there any other steps I can do? How do I "unpatch" my drivers?
01-30-2014, 01:39 AM
(01-29-2014 03:21 PM)walczyk Wrote:  I have an ATI R9 270, and I recently patched it (might not be the newest patching program?) and overclocked my QNIX to 120hz. Now flash videos are green. The hardware acceleration trick works, but only on programs where I have that option (firefox). It doesn't work on IE10 or Steam, since Steam has no option for hardware acceleration. Is there any other steps I can do? How do I "unpatch" my drivers?
Disable hardware acceleration for Flash, not the browser. Right-click on any Flash object and choose "Settings..." from the menu. I've never had any problems playing videos with Steam after disabling Flash hardware acceleration with another browser. IE10 should work as well. Unpatching instructions are in the main post.
01-30-2014, 01:41 AM
(01-29-2014 03:10 AM)rothe123 Wrote:  I have a Sharp 42in 120hz monitor that I am trying to get 120hz refresh rates I have ran your toasy x utility and unlocked my ati video card bought a high end hdmi cable the 120 hz is available in windows screen properties monitor however when I set it to 120hz says unsupported setting on the tv. Not sure what I am suppose to do at this point or where to look. Any help would be appreciated.
Most TVs don't support 120 Hz input.
02-02-2014, 04:19 AM
Doesn't work with the new mantle drivers btw. oh well. Maybe someone here knows how to fix it.
02-02-2014, 05:32 AM
(02-02-2014 04:19 AM)the9quad Wrote:  Doesn't work with the new mantle drivers btw. oh well. Maybe someone here knows how to fix it.

Same here, Mantle driver breaks the patcher but performance is amazing in BF4.

[Image: LBb7PjV.jpg]
02-02-2014, 05:46 AM
(02-02-2014 04:19 AM)the9quad Wrote:  Doesn't work with the new mantle drivers btw. oh well. Maybe someone here knows how to fix it.
It's working fine here. What part isn't working? I don't see anything different about the new driver. Are you using the latest patcher?

(02-02-2014 05:32 AM)RequiemFiasco Wrote:  Same here, Mantle driver breaks the patcher but performance is amazing in BF4.
That's an old version of the patcher. Have you tried the current version?