AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Can you try going past 322 MHz without patching the driver? You should be able to get up to 330 MHz with the unpatched driver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
well I installed windows 7, and now games don't crash in crossfire mode, and even though the cursors and stuff in the options menus are clearly running @110hz, the actual in game(testsed on black ops 2, bf3, and CS:GO) framerate looks identical to 60, I confirmed by going into windowed mode and the game is twice as smooth, any other suggestions?
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
(02-17-2013 05:01 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Can you try going past 322 MHz without patching the driver? You should be able to get up to 330 MHz with the unpatched driver.
going past 322 without patching the driver crashes the games also while crossfire is enabled

120hz is working in fullscreen mode, only if crossfire is disabled though, I just tested both cards individually, they both operate by themselves in the system at 120hz fullscreen, but as soon as I put the second card in and enable crossfire, it no longer works, tried multiple crossfire cables that are known to work and they both exhibit the same behavior, no clue what to do
02-17-2013, 11:53 PM
FIXED IT! I had to run 2 crossfire bridges at the same time, now everything is working perfectly, that is DEFINITELY odd... 1 bridge wasn't enough, anyone else running 1 bridge in crossfire at this high of a pixel clock and getting it to work?
02-18-2013, 04:39 AM
Maybe not, I keep losing vsync and then it starts tearing but then itll regain vsync in counter strike go and borderlands 2, and im not using dynamic frame rate or anything, and bf3 still looks like 60fps unless I go into windowed mode
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Okay I found out what it's doing, whatever I set my refresh rate to in and then I've I set vsync in game, it halves the frame rate, so if I set the frame rate to 110 and enable vsync, it's 55 fps, I then tried 115 and it would bounce between 57 and 58 with vsync enabled, Is there anyway to fix that?
02-18-2013, 02:34 PM
ToastyX i found the solution. Below are the succesfull steps.

1. Clear uninstall of catalyst drivers and hydravision version 12.1 with windows uninstaller.
2. Installing and running the Driver Cleaner pro 1.5 to remove the remaining system files,
3. Restart,
4. Installing only the 12.3 beta 5 version of catalyst drivers (it doesn't include profiles),
5. Restart,
6. Install Atikmdag,
2. Restart,
3. Install patcher,
4. Restart,
5. Running the CRU utility the only entry u can see is the 1560X1440 at 60HZ. U must edit the existing entry and to OC refresh rate at 100hz or 120hz whatever u like to choose. I choose 100hz.
6. Restart.
7. Your monitor after restart uses the refresh rate of 100hz and u must run again the CRU utility because only refresh rate u can choose from the monitor settings is 100hz and u make a new entry for the default refresh rate of 60hz.
That's it.
100 HZ for gaming and 60HZ for desktop and surfing.
I hope that i will help many users having Crossfire SETUP.
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Re: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Strange, I didn't need to do all that to get Crossfire to work with these tools. However, before installing new AMD drivers I always do a thorough uninstall using Atiman Uninstaller
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM (Last edited: 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM by y2kcamaross)
(02-18-2013 02:34 PM)Diasgod Wrote:  ToastyX i found the solution. Below are the succesfull steps.

1. Clear uninstall of catalyst drivers and hydravision version 12.1 with windows uninstaller.
2. Installing and running the Driver Cleaner pro 1.5 to remove the remaining system files,
3. Restart,
4. Installing only the 12.3 beta 5 version of catalyst drivers (it doesn't include profiles),
5. Restart,
6. Install Atikmdag,
2. Restart,
3. Install patcher,
4. Restart,
5. Running the CRU utility the only entry u can see is the 1560X1440 at 60HZ. U must edit the existing entry and to OC refresh rate at 100hz or 120hz whatever u like to choose. I choose 100hz.
6. Restart.
7. Your monitor after restart uses the refresh rate of 100hz and u must run again the CRU utility because only refresh rate u can choose from the monitor settings is 100hz and u make a new entry for the default refresh rate of 60hz.
That's it.
100 HZ for gaming and 60HZ for desktop and surfing.
I hope that i will help many users having Crossfire SETUP.

you having any vsync issues with crossfire?

in the CRU utility, should it have the catleaped be named = OC catleap hyper matrix 120hz? I remember it was named that when I used windows 8, but now in windows 7 it just has some generic HAO014 name or something
02-19-2013, 07:04 AM
(02-18-2013 12:06 PM)y2kcamaross Wrote:  Okay I found out what it's doing, whatever I set my refresh rate to in and then I've I set vsync in game, it halves the frame rate, so if I set the frame rate to 110 and enable vsync, it's 55 fps, I then tried 115 and it would bounce between 57 and 58 with vsync enabled, Is there anyway to fix that?
That's how vsync is supposed to work if the video cards aren't powerful enough for the frame rate to match the refresh rate. The frame rate with vsync can only be an evenly divisible fraction of the refresh rate like 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. For 120 Hz, that would be 120, 60, 40, 30, 24, 20, etc.

Check the frame rate without vsync. If the monitor is set to 110 Hz but the video cards can only pump out 90 FPS, then it will only show 55 FPS with vsync enabled.

(02-18-2013 06:05 PM)y2kcamaross Wrote:  in the CRU utility, should it have the catleaped be named = OC catleap hyper matrix 120hz? I remember it was named that when I used windows 8, but now in windows 7 it just has some generic HAO014 name or something
It shows the EDID name if available ("DUAL-DVI" or "Dual-Link" for the Catleap/Tempest OC monitors); otherwise, it shows the monitor driver name ("Generic PnP Monitor" if a monitor driver is not installed). Older versions didn't save the EDID name, so it would show the monitor driver name after making changes. That shouldn't happen with the current version (P4).

The name is cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of custom resolutions. The next version will let you set the EDID name to whatever you want, but EDID names are limited to 13 characters.