AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(05-05-2014 07:59 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 03:15 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  The only thing i can say is that the following video used to display as black on all my browsers

Linkage
That video should have worked without hardware acceleration if you followed the workaround to install codecs and disable the Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoders. I know for sure because that's one of the videos I used to test the workaround. With 14.4, the video plays without the workaround, but I'm still not sure if it's hardware or software decoding.

With Firefox, YouTube videos that play with Flash freeze for the first 5 seconds if hardware acceleration is enabled with the patch applied, so something is still off.

It looks that way. I played a Bluray with Arcsoft Total Theatre with Hardware acceleration enabled but viewing the info lists Hardware Acceleration as False so it looks like it is not enabled for the others either.

However the drivers seem to have resolved the scaling issues i had with flash videos when i disabled HA as well as the chroma bug with reds which has been present since the WindowsXP days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM (Last edited: 05-16-2014, 07:07 PM by donarkaz)
Hi all,

I just bought a ASUS PB248Q and I've tried to overclock the refresh rate using your tool the Configuration Utility, to 75hz. I'm using an AMD 280X 3GB gfx card...

I've tried both "Standard LCD" and "reduced LCD" profiles @ 75 hz but they both fail to display any image, with the OSD displaying "Out of Range". I even tried 65hz and that fails with "Out of Range" too...

The specs for this monitor state that it can go up to 76 hz vertical refresh rate..

My old Dell 2209WA monitor can easily do 75 hz refresh without any problems or side-effects using the Standard LCD profile @ 75 hz.

What could be the problem here? How can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated Sad

Thanks

I forgot to say I'm now using a DisplayPort cable to connect my new monitor, I used to use a DVI cable on my Dell monitor that 75hz refresh works though....

Could the Displayport be the problem?
05-17-2014, 11:03 AM
(05-16-2014 11:47 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I just bought a ASUS PB248Q and I've tried to overclock the refresh rate using your tool the Configuration Utility, to 75hz. I'm using an AMD 280X 3GB gfx card...

I've tried both "Standard LCD" and "reduced LCD" profiles @ 75 hz but they both fail to display any image, with the OSD displaying "Out of Range". I even tried 65hz and that fails with "Out of Range" too...

The specs for this monitor state that it can go up to 76 hz vertical refresh rate..

My old Dell 2209WA monitor can easily do 75 hz refresh without any problems or side-effects using the Standard LCD profile @ 75 hz.

What could be the problem here? How can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated Sad
The problem is the monitor doesn't support higher refresh rates at the native resolution. Most 1920x1200 monitors are not overclockable.

The specs are useless. They won't tell you what refresh rates the monitor will accept at the native resolution. The monitor might accept higher refresh rates at lower resolutions, but I've seen monitors accept higher refresh rates and skip frames, making it pointless.

(05-16-2014 11:47 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I forgot to say I'm now using a DisplayPort cable to connect my new monitor, I used to use a DVI cable on my Dell monitor that 75hz refresh works though....

The monitor might support different refresh rates with DVI, but that depends on the monitor.

DisplayPort itself would not limit the refresh rate. DisplayPort supports higher resolutions and refresh rates, but the monitor might not. DVI would require the patch to work properly past 165 MHz pixel clock.
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
(05-17-2014 11:03 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-16-2014 11:47 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I just bought a ASUS PB248Q and I've tried to overclock the refresh rate using your tool the Configuration Utility, to 75hz. I'm using an AMD 280X 3GB gfx card...

The problem is the monitor doesn't support higher refresh rates at the native resolution. Most 1920x1200 monitors are not overclockable.

The specs are useless. They won't tell you what refresh rates the monitor will accept at the native resolution. The monitor might accept higher refresh rates at lower resolutions, but I've seen monitors accept higher refresh rates and skip frames, making it pointless.

(05-16-2014 11:47 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I forgot to say I'm now using a DisplayPort cable to connect my new monitor, I used to use a DVI cable on my Dell monitor that 75hz refresh works though....

The monitor might support different refresh rates with DVI, but that depends on the monitor.

DisplayPort itself would not limit the refresh rate. DisplayPort supports higher resolutions and refresh rates, but the monitor might not. DVI would require the patch to work properly past 165 MHz pixel clock.

Thank you for the reply,

I'm quite disappointed that my monitor will refuse to go past 62 hz vertical refresh, in all resolutions.

I've found ASUS' PB248Q IPS panel's tech specs online with all the necessary technical specifications and timings it can accept, would it be worth posting here so you guys can read it and probably figure something out and propose I try some specific timings (just in case?..)..

Thank you again for your help
05-19-2014, 01:29 PM
(05-19-2014 09:07 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I'm quite disappointed that my monitor will refuse to go past 62 hz vertical refresh, in all resolutions.

I've found ASUS' PB248Q IPS panel's tech specs online with all the necessary technical specifications and timings it can accept, would it be worth posting here so you guys can read it and probably figure something out and propose I try some specific timings (just in case?..)..
If you can't even get 63 Hz at lower resolutions, then there's no chance at getting higher refresh rates. The specs seem to be completely wrong in this case.
05-19-2014, 01:56 PM (Last edited: 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM by donarkaz)
(05-19-2014 01:29 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-19-2014 09:07 AM)donarkaz Wrote:  I'm quite disappointed that my monitor will refuse to go past 62 hz vertical refresh, in all resolutions.

If you can't even get 63 Hz at lower resolutions, then there's no chance at getting higher refresh rates. The specs seem to be completely wrong in this case.

The specs in the ASUS website mention:

Signal Frequency
Analog Signal Frequency : 30~83 KHz(H)/ 50~76 Hz(V)
Digital Signal Frequency : 30~83 KHz(H)/ 50~76 Hz(V)

Whereas the PDF with the Panel specs for this monitor state as maximum refresh rate 61 hz!.. This is utter dishonesty from ASUS' part, why would they do that?

Here are the tech specs for the Panel: http://www.datadisplay-group.com/fileadm...asheet.pdf
05-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Just a note toasty with the new 14.6 catalysts, the patcher does say that one of the patched files has multiple instances. It did work fine, but some are getting blue screens after the patch and subsequent CRU res change. The patcher may need updated, not sure if you still do it, but it is appreciated.
05-28-2014, 11:27 AM
(05-27-2014 07:17 PM)the9quad Wrote:  Just a note toasty with the new 14.6 catalysts, the patcher does say that one of the patched files has multiple instances. It did work fine, but some are getting blue screens after the patch and subsequent CRU res change. The patcher may need updated, not sure if you still do it, but it is appreciated.

i also found posts in a lot of forums about atikmdag.sys related bluescreens after installing 14.6.
I know that that 14.6 is a beta driver and might not be supported by this patcher here but the new Eyefinity options are really great... and a man can hope Sad
05-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Yep, getting BSOD when running videos with the 14.6. Do not remember an instance in my PC life where a display driver has given me a BSOD
05-31-2014, 05:21 AM
ATI Pixel Clock Patcher needs updating for 14.6