AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
12-11-2014, 09:10 AM (Last edited: 12-11-2014, 10:18 AM by MaestroMental)
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(12-11-2014 03:19 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  No, it's not available to U.S. residents or citizens.
Sad...
Well then, just thank you very much for CRU.
I dont know is is normal, but when i set 2560x1440 and reset drivers, Survarium works with that resolution like it was always there. Intersting thing: Survarium was rendering in 2560x1440 (FRAPS screenshots has same resolution), but DVI signal from videocard to monitor was 1920x1080! And picture was AWESOME!! Then I try Warframe and Warthunder but got blackscreen (and messege from my monitor "this mode is not supported").

So, one more wish: If it is not to tedious, please explain more detailed about all those parameters on the first pic.
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/...count=6448

I have R9 280X and FullHD monitor. My "big" goal is 4K in games. But You sad that 297Mhz is physical(hardware) limit so no 4K_to_FullHD dawnsampling in driver. Only via API(DX11 or DX9 like GeDoSaTo). But 2560x1440 to 192x1080 in all applications and games via driver looks quite possible.

I want to make two bath or .reg files:
- one "downscaler" for creating scaling 1920x1080@2560x1440 (for games);
- and one "restorer" for restoring 1920x1080@2560x1440 to 1920x1080@1920x1080(native).

Help please. Thanks in advance.

PS: Apologize for my "slang". I'm from Ukraine and I'm trying not to use Google translator to often.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 06:01 PM
(12-11-2014 09:10 AM)MaestroMental Wrote:  Well then, just thank you very much for CRU.
I dont know is is normal, but when i set 2560x1440 and reset drivers, Survarium works with that resolution like it was always there. Intersting thing: Survarium was rendering in 2560x1440 (FRAPS screenshots has same resolution), but DVI signal from videocard to monitor was 1920x1080! And picture was AWESOME!! Then I try Warframe and Warthunder but got blackscreen (and messege from my monitor "this mode is not supported").
Survarium must be doing its own scaling because CRU can't be used to scale down higher resolutions. It should be sending 2560x1440 to the monitor.

(12-11-2014 09:10 AM)MaestroMental Wrote:  So, one more wish: If it is not to tedious, please explain more detailed about all those parameters on the first pic.
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/...count=6448
TimingStandard should be 8 to add a custom resolution and 16 to remove it.
PossibleStandard should probably be 8.
TimingFlags depends on the sync polarity: 0 for -/-, 4 for +/-, 8 for -/+, 12 for +/+

HTotal = Horizontal Total
HDisplay = Horizontal Active
HSyncStart = Horizontal Active + Front Porch
HSyncWidth = Horizontal Sync Width

VTotal = Vertical Total
VDisplay = Vertical Active
VSyncStart = Vertical Active + Front Porch
VSyncWidth = Vertical Sync Width

PixelClock = same as in CRU without the "." (148.50 MHz = 14850)

You can use the Windows calculator to convert decimal to hex values, but keep in mind the byte order needs to be reversed: 1920 = 780 hex = 07 80 -> 80 07

Here's another post that might help: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=...tcount=653
12-14-2014, 01:45 PM (Last edited: 12-14-2014, 02:30 PM by Aldaris)
I'm having problems similar to people on the previous page. My 290X I bought early November has been running just fine on my 110hz Tempest and downclocking memory as expected on LCD standard. The Omega drivers at first seemed to be fine. However, after a day or so, monitor was refusing to display 110hz. It then suddenly started accepting 110hz again. However, now the GPU memory refuses to downclock even on LCD Standard and I'm getting horizontal scanlines that I used to get on my 7970 with the Tempest. I'm also noticing a faint high pitched whine from the top right corner of the monitor that again, was present on my 7970 but not initially on my 290X.

I've tried reinstalling the Omega drivers but it hasn't helped. I'm about to revert to previous drivers, and I'd report back, but thought I'd post in the mean time.

Reverting did not work and neither does the9quad's method. Still not memory downclocking, still hearing the whine and still getting the scanlines
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
R9 280X, ati pixel patcher 1.3 (no errors on patch) and cru also failing for me with Catalyst 14.12.
If I try and use any refresh rate other than 60 (on a Qnix 2560x1440 monitor) I get the same as this previous OP: flashing red-green-blue-black&white repeating on the monitor. I can get my monitor using standard timings to 111hz normally.

Used system restore to roll back to 14.7 and it's fine now. Back to 111hz.

Something is wrong, looks like I'm not the only one affected...I don't have the time right now to do full AMD uninstall, afterburner, ddu, reinstall, and try again with the whole shebang. Will try again when I have a chance or someone can give me any suggestions on anything different to try. Otherwise sticking with 14.7, which has been fine.

(12-09-2014 03:14 PM)DOXaus Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 02:10 PM)eXizoR Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 01:07 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 11:40 AM)sepei Wrote:  Well on my PC (2x r9 290X) the clock patcher crash the new 14.12 Driver.
Until 14.11.1 it worked fine but when I patch the values the driver dont find anymore my graphic cards
That sounds more like a signing issue to me. Did the patcher give any errors?

I'm not seeing any issues with 14.12. There's nothing different about the way the limits are handled.

Hello, just got registered to give my five cents.
The patching itself went fine.
But as soon as I made a custom resultion (hz) in CRU and rebooted stuff got weird.
Started with lines across the screen, keep in mind that I have not applied the new hz. Mostly because it was not there. And when I reverted the patching the screen just shows lines and colors. Had to reinstall the driver, tried a couple of times and same result.
Hope its an easy fix, need my silky smooth monitor Rolleyes

Specs: r9 290 with qnix 2710.

Yeh same, atikmdag patcher works fine, 'CRU' tho seems to have issues with the new omega drivers. I have a variant TEMPEST OC (emaxeon) with flashed default OC settings in the edid of the monitor itself up to 110hz. Which works after pixel clock patching, but now if i try and run the cru to add my usual extra 120hz setting it now gets a brief blackscreen and driver has stopped responding each time on windows boot and breaks all refresh rates to only 60 or below.
If i run cru's reset-all.exe it fixes the driver recovery on boot and the 110hz default monitor setting.

Granted my OS install is fairly bloated, but havent had any issue with the pixel patcher or cru until these drivers... probably something to do with how these drivers handle VSR downsampling now.?

R290 CF / emaxeon 2710
12-15-2014, 05:26 AM
(12-14-2014 10:38 PM)jb0nez Wrote:  R9 280X, ati pixel patcher 1.3 (no errors on patch) and cru also failing for me with Catalyst 14.12.
If I try and use any refresh rate other than 60 (on a Qnix 2560x1440 monitor) I get the same as this previous OP: flashing red-green-blue-black&white repeating on the monitor. I can get my monitor using standard timings to 111hz normally.
Nobody else mentioned flashing red/green/blue/black/white repeating on the monitor. That's the monitor's test screen that appears when there's no signal or if the resolution isn't supported.

Make sure you are using the current version of CRU. If you're using an older version, run reset-all.exe first and reboot.

(12-10-2014 06:09 PM)DOXaus Wrote:  Ok after faf'ing about with new ddu omega several times and finding out i was still using cru1.1 and not 1.12 managed to get everything working.
If 1.1.2 works but not 1.1, then your monitor's EDID has some invalid bits set for the signal type. 1.1 did not account for monitors that had this problem. This was fixed in 1.1.1. The Catleap/Tempest/QNIX/X-Star monitors all have the problem, but the older drivers didn't care for some reason.

(12-10-2014 06:14 PM)eXizoR Wrote:  I could have been doing the same thing.
But after seeing the9quad's steps I installed multiple hz qnix drivers from the forum and that worked like a charm.
Thanks!
The monitor driver is not needed for AMD. If you were using an old version of CRU, that was the problem.

(12-09-2014 07:16 PM)brucethemoose Wrote:  Hey ToastyX, what card do you test the patcher/CRU with?
I'm testing with a 7950, but these issues are not specific to newer cards.
12-15-2014, 06:28 AM
(12-14-2014 01:45 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  I'm having problems similar to people on the previous page.
No, those issues were completely different and were resolved.

(12-14-2014 01:45 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  My 290X I bought early November has been running just fine on my 110hz Tempest and downclocking memory as expected on LCD standard. The Omega drivers at first seemed to be fine. However, after a day or so, monitor was refusing to display 110hz. It then suddenly started accepting 110hz again.
Compatibility issues with the patcher or CRU would not be intermittent like that. That seems more like a monitor or signal quality issue.

(12-14-2014 01:45 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  However, now the GPU memory refuses to downclock even on LCD Standard and I'm getting horizontal scanlines that I used to get on my 7970 with the Tempest.
Keep in mind the memory will not clock down if you have multiple monitors connected. If this is happening with a single monitor, you might have to increase the vertical total a little more than standard for the memory to clock down with the R9 290X. If that doesn't help, then some program is causing the memory clock to run at full speed. This can happen if the program is using video acceleration.

Flickering horizontal lines would indicate a signal quality issue. This can be affected by the monitor, the cable, the video card, and any outside interference. Check to make sure the cable hasn't gotten loose on either end.

(12-14-2014 01:45 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  I'm also noticing a faint high pitched whine from the top right corner of the monitor that again, was present on my 7970 but not initially on my 290X.
The Catleap/Tempest monitors will make high-pitched noises with certain patterns on the screen, but that shouldn't be affected by different video cards.
12-15-2014, 05:21 PM
(12-15-2014 06:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  No, those issues were completely different and were resolved.
Issues with black screens and scan lines after using CRU sound pretty similar to me.

(12-15-2014 06:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Compatibility issues with the patcher or CRU would not be intermittent like that. That seems more like a monitor or signal quality issue.

Keep in mind the memory will not clock down if you have multiple monitors connected. If this is happening with a single monitor, you might have to increase the vertical total a little more than standard for the memory to clock down with the R9 290X. If that doesn't help, then some program is causing the memory clock to run at full speed. This can happen if the program is using video acceleration.

Flickering horizontal lines would indicate a signal quality issue. This can be affected by the monitor, the cable, the video card, and any outside interference. Check to make sure the cable hasn't gotten loose on either end.

The Catleap/Tempest monitors will make high-pitched noises with certain patterns on the screen, but that shouldn't be affected by different video cards.
The ONLY thing that has changed is the Omega drivers. Cable hasn't moved or shifted, nothing is forcing a clock change. Before the drivers I was stable on 110hz with correct downclocking with no scanlines and no whine. Precisely the same settings after Omega but these issues have now appeared.
12-16-2014, 05:54 AM
(12-15-2014 05:21 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  
(12-15-2014 06:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  No, those issues were completely different and were resolved.
Issues with black screens and scan lines after using CRU sound pretty similar to me.
You didn't mention black screens, and nobody else mentioned horizontal scanlines or the GPU memory not clocking down or high-pitched noises coming from the monitor at higher refresh rates. They weren't able to apply higher refresh rates at all, and the problem happened immediately after using an old version of CRU and rebooting. The video card would not handle the monitor properly because of the EDID issue I mentioned when using CRU 1.1 or earlier. There are no compatibility issues with 14.12 and the current versions of the patcher and CRU.

(12-15-2014 05:21 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  The ONLY thing that has changed is the Omega drivers. Cable hasn't moved or shifted, nothing is forcing a clock change. Before the drivers I was stable on 110hz with correct downclocking with no scanlines and no whine. Precisely the same settings after Omega but these issues have now appeared.
You said the drivers seemed fine at first, but then the monitor stopped displaying 110 Hz and the GPU memory wouldn't clock down anymore. That means something else changed that you didn't recognize. You also said the horizontal scanlines and high-pitched noise happened with the 7970, which was before the new drivers. This sounds like an intermittent fault with the monitor combined with something else that is causing the memory clock to stop clocking down.
01-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Long time user of CRU, Thanks for an awesome APP!!

I have just got a NV 750TI for 2nd PC. I can sue NV Ctrl Panel for creating custom resolutions and I have always thought my TV had a 297Mhz PX Clock Limit. but this card allows me to go as high as around the 325-335Mhz safely..

Where as my PCS+ R9 290 still remains locked at 297MHZ.
I have tried your AMD Patcher and it went ok without error but still does not allow me to run higher then 297Mhz..

it simply does not show up in screen resolution selections.. It appears only in the CRU APP, but both AMD Catalyst and the Windows Resolution selection has no such resolutions/refresh rate.

I have tried with windows driver signing disabled also..

maybe I am missing something... thx
01-09-2015, 01:36 PM
(01-09-2015 07:57 AM)toxsickcity Wrote:  I have just got a NV 750TI for 2nd PC. I can sue NV Ctrl Panel for creating custom resolutions and I have always thought my TV had a 297Mhz PX Clock Limit. but this card allows me to go as high as around the 325-335Mhz safely..

Where as my PCS+ R9 290 still remains locked at 297MHZ.
I have tried your AMD Patcher and it went ok without error but still does not allow me to run higher then 297Mhz..
The patcher does not currently patch the 297 MHz limits because as you mentioned with the 750 Ti, the hardware can't handle much more than that. 330 MHz would only get you about 3 Hz more at 3840x2160, and 297 MHz is already enough for 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz. I might add the 297 MHz limits in the next version of the patcher.