AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
11-24-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(11-24-2015 10:11 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  1.3.4 seems to be fully functional with the Crimson driver. It seems they merged the DVI/HDMI and HDMI limits, and it's being found as HDMI limit 2. I just need to update it to display properly.

I dont think its fully functional i got a lot of problems... Everytime i restart my pc i got some error problems (something like cnext, idk exactly). And my crimson settings crashes when i play video games. Something must be wrong. Help us senpai ToastyX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2015, 01:00 AM
(11-24-2015 11:23 PM)zekalanja Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 10:11 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  1.3.4 seems to be fully functional with the Crimson driver. It seems they merged the DVI/HDMI and HDMI limits, and it's being found as HDMI limit 2. I just need to update it to display properly.

I dont think its fully functional i got a lot of problems... Everytime i restart my pc i got some error problems (something like cnext, idk exactly). And my crimson settings crashes when i play video games. Something must be wrong. Help us senpai ToastyX.

What can toasty X do about a DRIVER problem?
that's a driver crash.
NOTHING to do with the patcher. Nothing.
Yes something is wrong. It's called a driver crash.

Try wiping with Display driver uninstaller (Wagnard's DDU) in windows safe mode, then reinstall clean.
11-25-2015, 07:26 AM
(11-24-2015 11:23 PM)zekalanja Wrote:  I dont think its fully functional i got a lot of problems... Everytime i restart my pc i got some error problems (something like cnext, idk exactly). And my crimson settings crashes when i play video games. Something must be wrong. Help us senpai ToastyX.
The new GUI has some bugs. It's not related to the patcher. I made sure the patcher is only changing the values that it's supposed to change.
11-27-2015, 08:03 AM (Last edited: 11-27-2015, 10:03 AM by utilizer)
Sadly, with latest 15.11 CRIMSON and with 1.3.4 patcher I can't overclock my LCD. At 75Hz it gives me artifacts straight at desktop already. Like any other patcher which doesn't have latest driver version support yet. Works w/o issues before. 1.3.4 working w/o issues with CATALYST 15.11 & 15.11.1 beta. Using DVI btw.

And btw, ToastyX HUGE thanks for your work with CRU and such. You are life saver!
11-28-2015, 09:43 PM (Last edited: 11-28-2015, 10:02 PM by Lumonaut)
Looks like this guy found the issue: http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/offic...t_24640802
I also have a two monitor setup with an old Samsung monitor and I cannot overclock. 980 Ti, latest driver update as of today.
11-29-2015, 07:19 AM
(11-27-2015 08:03 AM)utilizer Wrote:  Sadly, with latest 15.11 CRIMSON and with 1.3.4 patcher I can't overclock my LCD. At 75Hz it gives me artifacts straight at desktop already. Like any other patcher which doesn't have latest driver version support yet. Works w/o issues before. 1.3.4 working w/o issues with CATALYST 15.11 & 15.11.1 beta. Using DVI btw.
What video card do you have? What resolution are you talking about? What kind of artifacts are you seeing?

DVI is only affected by two limits, and I checked both of them. The "SL limit on DL-DVI" should be working with the current patcher. If a single-link DVI monitor is receiving a dual-link DVI signal, then it should appear pixelated, like half the pixels are missing. If you were affected by the DVI/HDMI limit, then the refresh rate wouldn't be listed.
11-30-2015, 12:41 PM
@ToastyX, thank you. 1.3.5 works flawless with Crimson and my sh*y old LCD DVI panel. Now I can increase my upper limit to 1440p and OC it to 75-80Hz Smile
12-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Has anyone noticed that they can't maintain the same refresh rates with the new driver (Crimson 15.11.1, patched with 1.3.5)? I used to be stable @100hz but since installing the new driver it's been artifacting on startup. I had to lower it to 95.

Not a huge deal, just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.
12-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Anyone else have an issue with their setup this morning as a result of Windows Update? I am running the pixel patcher to drive a second QNIX monitor via single link DVI. Sat down at my desk this morning to a flashing screen. Tried re-patching the values (which it found), but couldn't get the second monitor to work. Rolled back Windows Update kb3116900 and everything started working again.
01-15-2016, 07:33 AM
Hey, this may seem odd, but Hardware Acceleration no longer seems to be broken after using this patch with my 380 on the 16.1 Crimson drivers.

Back when I was using a 6850 with CCC it definitely broke, but with my 380/Crimson it seems to render using hardware acceleration just fine. Is this just me, or does this patch no longer break hardware support under Crimson?