AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
12-25-2016, 05:45 AM
Bug RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
With the new Relive driver 16.12.2 with pixel clock patcher 1.4.3 I can no longer run timings with a low back porch setting.
Before a back porch of 12 would work, now 34 seems to be minimum. If I drop below it, then when that mode runs, I only see the picture for 1 second before the screen turns to snow. I have tried at different (even low pixel clock) rates with the same result. I am running RX480 with Win 7 x86_64 with QX2710.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(12-25-2016 05:45 AM)BillFleming Wrote:  With the new Relive driver 16.12.2 with pixel clock patcher 1.4.3 I can no longer run timings with a low back porch setting.
Before a back porch of 12 would work, now 34 seems to be minimum. If I drop below it, then when that mode runs, I only see the picture for 1 second before the screen turns to snow. I have tried at different (even low pixel clock) rates with the same result. I am running RX480 with Win 7 x86_64 with QX2710.
That's a driver bug. You can see it happen at lower refresh rates without the patch.
12-30-2016, 12:22 AM
hi
i need some help in this amazing software Smile
i have dvi port with r9 280x can i use freesynce tweak over dvi or can fake my screen as hdmi for other features in drivers and screen

i have benq2255 va panel any tweaks to improve performance like low blur force it over software or anything else the panel have different mode ama speed off hight premium the fastest for gaming but have some overshoot any fix
and if possible to add option after restart cru press escape to cancel if screen go black
add custom res +overscan like windows 10 do even it was 4k in screen 1080p no problem full screen when apply the res like vsr cause sometimes problems like limited res and proportion etc ...
can you make upscaling run in games checkerboard method like ps4 pro
tnx a lot Wink
12-30-2016, 11:11 AM
(12-30-2016 12:22 AM)bazoka2012 Wrote:  i have dvi port with r9 280x can i use freesynce tweak over dvi or can fake my screen as hdmi for other features in drivers and screen

i have benq2255 va panel any tweaks to improve performance like low blur force it over software or anything else the panel have different mode ama speed off hight premium the fastest for gaming but have some overshoot any fix
The R9 280X does not support FreeSync, and the BenQ GW2255 is not a FreeSync monitor.

(12-30-2016 12:22 AM)bazoka2012 Wrote:  and if possible to add option after restart cru press escape to cancel if screen go black
Restart.exe already has F8 for recovery mode.

(12-30-2016 12:22 AM)bazoka2012 Wrote:  add custom res +overscan like windows 10 do even it was 4k in screen 1080p no problem full screen when apply the res like vsr cause sometimes problems like limited res and proportion etc ...
can you make upscaling run in games checkerboard method like ps4 pro
tnx a lot Wink
What? Your post is hard to understand. None of this has to do with the pixel clock patcher.
12-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Your atikmdag-patcher 1.4.4 really saved me a lot of trouble by disabling the BIOS signature check and signing the driver in one go - and I didn't even need to reinstall the driver.

I sent a small donation as a thank you, keep up the good work!
01-02-2017, 01:16 AM
thanks i appreciate your help
01-10-2017, 01:01 PM (Last edited: 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM by Mkfish)
Could somebody please kindly explain how to get 2560x1440 / 60 hz working properly?

I'm using the Club3D DisplayPort 1.4->HDMI 2.0 Active Adaptor and am having no issues getting a custom 4K/60hz resolution set up and looking crisp and sharp and working fine..

However when I try to add a 60hz/1440p resolution using the same method (using either CRU or CCC) I get a frustrating thin line flicker at the bottom of my Display (Philips 4900-PUT 43" UHD TV)

I used bandicam to try and record the screen flicker and it wasn't there in the video. So I no longer think this is a driver issue, more a timings or some other issue which I know absolutely *zero* about Sad

Timing settings currently:
Link To Image
01-11-2017, 04:51 PM
(01-10-2017 01:01 PM)Mkfish Wrote:  Could somebody please kindly explain how to get 2560x1440 / 60 hz working properly?

I'm using the Club3D DisplayPort 1.4->HDMI 2.0 Active Adaptor and am having no issues getting a custom 4K/60hz resolution set up and looking crisp and sharp and working fine..

However when I try to add a 60hz/1440p resolution using the same method (using either CRU or CCC) I get a frustrating thin line flicker at the bottom of my Display (Philips 4900-PUT 43" UHD TV)
That sounds like a limitation of the TV. If the standard timing parameters don't work, try copying and pasting the 3840x2160 timing parameters and change just the resolution. If that doesn't help, the TV might not be able to handle 2560x1440. You can enable GPU scaling to let the GPU scale lower resolutions to the native resolution.
01-13-2017, 01:08 AM
Hi there, recently upgraded to a 1440p Hannspree monitor (HQ271) and am having some annoying issues with trying to overclock the monitor past 73hz. As the monitor unfortunately doesn't have a display port output, I have it connected with a HDMI 1.4a, connected to my R9 Fury which doesn't support the monitors other output which is is Dual Link DVI. Anyways so far I have tried installing different versions of the AMD Crimson Drivers, patched the drivers using your tool over here, disabled the signing of drivers through windows and finally made different types of custom resolutions using CRU. I honestly don't know whats stopping my PC from recognizing anything more than 73hz, but I do know that HDMI 1.4a has a max pixel clock of 340mhz which does mean that I should be able to overclock the monitor to at least 84hz. Thanks in advance!
01-13-2017, 01:47 AM
(01-13-2017 01:08 AM)razner312 Wrote:  Hi there, recently upgraded to a 1440p Hannspree monitor (HQ271) and am having some annoying issues with trying to overclock the monitor past 73hz. As the monitor unfortunately doesn't have a display port output, I have it connected with a HDMI 1.4a, connected to my R9 Fury which doesn't support the monitors other output which is is Dual Link DVI. Anyways so far I have tried installing different versions of the AMD Crimson Drivers, patched the drivers using your tool over here, disabled the signing of drivers through windows and finally made different types of custom resolutions using CRU. I honestly don't know whats stopping my PC from recognizing anything more than 73hz, but I do know that HDMI 1.4a has a max pixel clock of 340mhz which does mean that I should be able to overclock the monitor to at least 84hz. Thanks in advance!
AMD cards have a 297 Hz limit with HDMI 1.x, but the patch should get around that. Maybe the patch misses something that affects the Fury, but before going any further, are you sure the monitor can display higher refresh rates without skipping frames? 2560x1440 monitors with multiple inputs usually have scalers that can't handle higher refresh rates correctly. This should be noticeable simply by moving the mouse cursor, or you can use this test with a camera: http://testufo.com/#test=frameskipping