AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(07-30-2013 07:49 PM)cypherix93 Wrote:  The problem is I can't get past the 165MHz limit, even after I have used the AMD driver patcher, test mode and all that. Not in the CRU, not in adlutil, nowhere.

I found a weird workaround though - In the EDID, if I set the byte that defines the display input to A5 (DisplayPort), I can get past that 165MHz limit in CRU (adlutil still won't work). I am running at 1080p@85Hz (which is around 203MHz) with custom settings and no problems whatsoever. BUT, AMD HD3D won't work under this configuration. Yes, it works without the EDID override.

I've noticed that if I keep everything else intact, and set the display input byte to A2 (HDMI 1.4a), AMD HD3D starts working, but I can't get past 165Hz (with my resolution and timings, it's maxed at 1080p@66.666Hz). So I am stuck... If I want 85Hz, I can't use HD3D. If I use HD3D, I am stuck at 67Hz.
I'm not able to reproduce the 165 MHz limit. Changing the display input byte makes no difference for me. Maybe there's something in the extension block that's causing the limit.

I need something that can read the extension block. Try this: http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServ...ID-1.2.zip

Run OutputToFile.bat and paste the contents of the text file it produces.

I don't know what HD3D looks for. What happens if you disable the extension block?

(07-30-2013 07:49 PM)cypherix93 Wrote:  P.S. I don't know why HD3D works with my default config though (DVI to HDMI adapter). I have a dual link adapter, and it doesn't work with that. Is the single link adapter special? It came with the GPU btw... Did ASUS do something special to it?
The adapter shouldn't matter. HDMI is always single-link. Some adapters might have dummy pins, but that shouldn't affect anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Thank you for newest version ToastyX..
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
So this may be a dumb/obvious question but does displayport not work with this?
08-01-2013, 08:21 PM
The patch only affects DVI and HDMI. DisplayPort works differently and has different limits. Passive adapters act like DVI. Active adapters act like DisplayPort, but the adapter itself might have its own limit.
08-01-2013, 08:30 PM
(08-01-2013 08:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The patch only affects DVI and HDMI. DisplayPort works differently and has different limits. Passive adapters act like DVI. Active adapters act like DisplayPort, but the adapter itself might have its own limit.

So I guess the question I have is will I be able to use the custom resolution software to overclock my monitor if I am connected via DP?
08-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, if the monitor can handle it.
08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
(08-01-2013 05:23 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I need something that can read the extension block. Try this: http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServ...ID-1.2.zip

Run OutputToFile.bat and paste the contents of the text file it produces.

Here are the files...

.txt  .0.13.txt (Size: 830 bytes / Downloads: 948) - This is the one with the default EDID + CRU configuration. This one is maxed at 165MHz (1080p@66.666Hz).

.txt  .0.14.txt (Size: 830 bytes / Downloads: 866) - This is the one with the custom A5 Input Byte in the EDID + CRU. The configurations under this adapter lets me push my monitor upto 220MHz (1080p@92Hz) without problems. It won't go any further though (I think it's the monitor's max?).

(08-01-2013 05:23 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't know what HD3D looks for. What happens if you disable the extension block?

I never enabled the Extension block to begin with. It has always been disabled. EDID Manager shows Empty block on the second block.

Look here -    

Thanks again ToastyX.
08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know what to do about this because I'm not seeing the limit, even if I use that exact EDID as the override. The files show there is an extension block, but I don't see anything in there that would cause a 165 MHz limit. In fact, it says it supports up to 225 MHz. What happens if you enable the extension block?
08-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Hello,

I just switched to Nvidia and cannot get Update Components and Geforce Experience to install. I have gone through many different fixes, and I've had no luck.

But then I remembered. I completely uninstalled all AMD drivers (and deleted all registry entries/hidden folders), but I forgot to disable the ATI pixel patcher and test mode before swapping cards and installing Nvidia drivers. I've turned test mode off, but I can't launch ATI pixel patcher since I don't have the card plugged in.

Is there any possibility that ATIpixel patcher is still enabled and is messing up my Nvidia drivers installation?

Thank you.
08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
(08-07-2013 04:31 AM)apav Wrote:  Is there any possibility that ATIpixel patcher is still enabled and is messing up my Nvidia drivers installation?
No, uninstalling the driver removes the patched driver.