AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
05-20-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(05-20-2017 12:58 PM)vinnyfraser Wrote:  I've recently used your tool to allow windows to recognize my GPU's after I modded them for ETH mining. I'm now using my original GPU which is unmodded and I'm getting very poor gaming performance. Is there anything I can do to undo the changes this program made on my computer? I'm running a Rx480 8gb if that helps anyone.

The program I used must have been a little older because it doesn't have a restore defaults button that I've seen you post about.
The patch should not affect gaming performance. The patcher has always given the option to restore by running it again. Reinstalling the graphics driver also removes the patch, which might have happened automatically after switching to the unmodded GPU. If the patcher is finding all the limits, then the driver is not patched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Toast I have used your patcher for my 2 flashed rx 570s. When I try to run 6 while changing in the bios enabling 4g encoding it doesn't seem to recognized the modified amd drivers that used atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe

Is there any solution to being able to use my flashed gpu with the modified drivers but still have the 4g encoding recognize them so my mobo can run 6-7 gpus?

Thanks
06-04-2017, 08:14 PM
I can't do anything about that. Either that's a driver limitation that AMD needs to fix or a hardware limitation.
06-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Crimson-relive-17.6.1 has just been released and works perfect with the patch.
06-11-2017, 07:33 PM (Last edited: 06-11-2017, 07:37 PM by Hash)
Exclamation failed to locate driver file
Hey guys,

got a new rig with rx 570's and i run my usual installation process like always but this time i got stuck when running the patcher.

It throws at me a nasty "failed to locate driver file" error.

I've run the debug version as well but the same error appeared and no log file has been created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Best Regards,
Hash
06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
(06-11-2017 07:33 PM)Hash Wrote:  got a new rig with rx 570's and i run my usual installation process like always but this time i got stuck when running the patcher.

What driver did you install?
06-11-2017, 11:37 PM
(06-11-2017 11:25 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:33 PM)Hash Wrote:  got a new rig with rx 570's and i run my usual installation process like always but this time i got stuck when running the patcher.

What driver did you install?

Tried 16.9.2 and 17.4.1, both didn't work. My other few rigs using RX470 and the 16.9.2 and working like a charm. Used always this howto: https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-b...os-modders

Never had any issues but with these new rigs...idk why it happens. Windows is newly installed as well. Tried also to run windows updates but then it installed the latest driver, removed it and followed the howto again, either way it didn't work.
06-12-2017, 12:01 AM
(06-11-2017 11:37 PM)Hash Wrote:  Tried 16.9.2 and 17.4.1, both didn't work. My other few rigs using RX470 and the 16.9.2 and working like a charm. Used always this howto: https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-b...os-modders
Those instructions are out of date. Don't use the modified kernel driver. That's an old driver file. The patcher includes the BIOS signature check now. Just install the driver normally. If you don't need any of the pixel clock stuff, you can rename the file to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe to patch just the BIOS signature check. Then run the patcher and reboot.
06-13-2017, 03:33 AM
(06-12-2017 12:01 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 11:37 PM)Hash Wrote:  Tried 16.9.2 and 17.4.1, both didn't work. My other few rigs using RX470 and the 16.9.2 and working like a charm. Used always this howto: https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-b...os-modders
Those instructions are out of date. Don't use the modified kernel driver. That's an old driver file. The patcher includes the BIOS signature check now. Just install the driver normally. If you don't need any of the pixel clock stuff, you can rename the file to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe to patch just the BIOS signature check. Then run the patcher and reboot.

Well, I'm using the RX570 and now turns out that WIn10 can't work with 6 GPU's.

Using this tutorial: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=...sg18857146

Helped partly. Now i can use all 6 GPU's BUT in MSI Afterburner it doesn't show any Temperature, Clock Speed etc. and in WattTool the showing absolute nonsense values. Definitely a driver problem but the latest driver won't work.

Any Ideas?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-14-2017, 07:31 AM
(06-13-2017 03:33 AM)Hash Wrote:  Helped partly. Now i can use all 6 GPU's BUT in MSI Afterburner it doesn't show any Temperature, Clock Speed etc. and in WattTool the showing absolute nonsense values. Definitely a driver problem but the latest driver won't work.
The drivers didn't officially support the RX 570 until 17.4.3, so those features may not work with an older driver.