AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-06-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
I have a Rx 480 with a notebook vBIOS in my laptop while AMD does not seem to distinguish between the desktop and the notebook version, I tried using the atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6 to patch my Rx 480 with a modded vBIOS to unlock TDP from 75W to 110W with some other minor changes but the BIOS signature check patch does not seem to work, my operating system is Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, not sure what I am doing wrong I uninstall the driver with DDU, restart, install the driver then patch with atikmdag and then restart yet I still get Error 43 in the system from signature check failing to verify.
Everything works fine with standard vBIOS's its only the modded ones.

So far I have tried the following drivers, ReLive 17.11.4, Adrenaline 18.2.1, 18.5.1 and 18.7.1, none of them worked the only on that did work was that 2 year old Crimson driver before they added the BIOS checker.
Any advise? I tried flashing the desktop reference vBIOS too without luck still same error, running the tool with administration rights, even tried turning off driver verification in W7 to no avail.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2018, 11:04 PM (Last edited: 11-18-2018, 11:04 PM by hz9999)
(01-04-2014 08:50 PM)XoR Wrote:  tested AMD pixel clock patcher today on HD5830 HDFury DVI-D to VGA converter and some 19" CRT to see how much I can crank this HDFury thing up and it seems limit was raised from ~165MHz to exactly 230MHz, anything below is fine and anything higher will look just like with previous limit: blocky

there is another limit apperently, how to remove it?

will test it soon on HD7950 and GDM-FW900

ps. those cards obviously do have VGA outputs but newer like R9 290X lack them and so to buy them I need some form of support. 300MHz limit would be more reasonable than 230MHz Sad

I've ordered a new GPU which doesn't have any of analogue outputs.
Would like to know if such converter can handle a 200Hz CRT.
[Image: efnXV1L.jpg]
11-25-2018, 05:36 PM
Hi,
I have a problem with my R9 380 4GB the card was used for mining but after I put the correct BIOS on it it shows my memory and GPU clock speed at 0.
You say in you description to run "atikmdag-patcher.exe" where exactly is the exe file I can not see in the archive you've put for download.
Or is there a tutorial I missed on how to use the software?

(09-07-2012 09:07 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the AMD/ATI video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI, and the 400 MHz limit for VGA.

Download: atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6.zip - Source: atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6-src.zip

A message from ToastyX:

Over the years, I have created various monitor-related software and provided support for free. I would like to continue providing updates and work on new ideas, but I need your support. If you find my software useful, please consider supporting me through Patreon:

[Image: patreon.png]

Requirements:
  • Windows Vista or later
  • 5000-series GPU or newer
  • CrossFire requirements:
    • R9 285/290/290X/295X2 and newer cards can handle higher pixel clocks without CrossFire bridges.
    • Older cards require two CrossFire bridges if the pixel clock is greater than 300 MHz. This is only possible with cards that have two connectors. It will not work properly with more than two cards. Dual-GPU cards such as the 7990 will not work properly at higher pixel clocks.
Compatibility:
  • Version 1.4.6 is compatible with Catalyst 11.9 to Crimson 18.9.1. It can be used with future versions if it finds the limits you need.
Getting started:
  1. Run atikmdag-patcher.exe. (If you only need the BIOS signature patch, rename it to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe first.)
  2. If all limits are found, click "Yes" to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.
  3. Reboot.
You can then add higher refresh rates using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU).

To restore the unpatched driver, run the patcher again and click "Yes" to restore from backup.

Unpatching is not required before upgrading drivers. Simply run the patcher again after installing the new driver.

Known issues:
  • Legacy drivers may have issues with HDCP and video acceleration with the patch.
  • Workarounds for video playback issues with legacy drivers:
    • Disable hardware acceleration in the Flash Player settings (right-click on any Flash video and click "Settings...").
    • Use the Codec Tweak Tool to disable DXVA hardware acceleration under "Various Tweaks" (in the "Miscellaneous" section).
  • AMD/ATI cards have a design limitation unrelated to the patch that causes video acceleration to scramble the screen if the vertical blanking/total is below standard with the video card's memory overclocked or with multiple monitors connected. Skype is known to trigger this problem. Either don't overclock the video card's memory, or use the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total in CRU.
  • AMD/ATI cards require the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total to reduce the memory clock when idle. Horizontal values can still be reduced if necessary.
Recent changes:
  • 1.4.6: Find new HDMI-DVI limit.
  • 1.4.5: Updated for 17.4.1. Find new DP-DVI/HDMI limit.
  • 1.4.4: Find BIOS signature check.
  • 1.4.3: Fixed HBlank limit for 16.12.1.
  • 1.4.2: Find 56 horizontal blanking (HBlank) limit.
  • 1.4.1: Fixed an issue that prevented the driver from loading correctly with earlier versions of Windows 10. This does not affect the anniversary update.
  • 1.4.0: Updated for 16.9.1. Changed the way the driver is located and patched. Replaced 640x480 limit with low-resolution limit. Fixed VGA limit for 32-bit.
  • 1.3.6: Find 10-resolution limit for Radeon Settings.
  • 1.3.5: Updated for 15.11 Crimson. Find 640x480 limit for Radeon Settings.
  • 1.3.4: Try to improve finding DVI/HDMI limit for newer drivers. Removed blue screen workaround for 14.6/14.7.
  • 1.3.3: Updated for 15.3. Fixed DVI/HDMI limit for 32-bit.
  • 1.3.2: Updated for 15.2. Fixed DVI/HDMI limit for 64-bit.
  • 1.3.1: Find 297 MHz HDMI 1.3+ limits. Run 3 times to properly repatch an existing installation.
  • 1.3: Removed blue screen workaround for 14.9. Fall back to self-signing if signing fails.
  • 1.2.7: Attempt to work around some antivirus false positives. Repatching is not necessary.
  • 1.2.6: Fixed AMD APP encoding for 14.6.
  • 1.2.5: Updated for 14.6. Fixed TMDS and VGA limits. Implemented workaround for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screens.
  • 1.2.4: Updated for 14.4. Fixed SL limit on DL-DVI.
  • 1.2.3: Updated for 13.30 and upcoming 14.x releases.
  • 1.2.2: Find new HDMI limit for 12.9+.
  • 1.2.1: Find 400 MHz VGA limit.
  • 1.2: Test mode no longer required.
11-27-2018, 10:37 AM
After modding bios and patching using this patcher in last few I can't remember how many driver releases there seems to be driver constantly reinstalling PciBus driver at every boot causing realtek driver to reset itself and not save EQ settings after reboot also changing default audio device.

Using DriverStoreExplorer I noticed there are 2 pcibus drivers 18.30.0.0 and 18.45.0.0. Maybe that has something to do with this?

https://i.imgur.com/AUDMbIO.png

Will there be an update to this patcher?
11-27-2018, 05:12 PM
(11-27-2018 10:37 AM)fikser Wrote:  After modding bios and patching using this patcher in last few I can't remember how many driver releases there seems to be driver constantly reinstalling PciBus driver at every boot causing realtek driver to reset itself and not save EQ settings after reboot also changing default audio device.

Using DriverStoreExplorer I noticed there are 2 pcibus drivers 18.30.0.0 and 18.45.0.0. Maybe that has something to do with this?

https://i.imgur.com/AUDMbIO.png

Will there be an update to this patcher?
That has nothing to do with the patcher.
11-27-2018, 05:12 PM
(11-25-2018 05:36 PM)Teksers Wrote:  Hi,
I have a problem with my R9 380 4GB the card was used for mining but after I put the correct BIOS on it it shows my memory and GPU clock speed at 0.
You say in you description to run "atikmdag-patcher.exe" where exactly is the exe file I can not see in the archive you've put for download.
Or is there a tutorial I missed on how to use the software?
If you don't see the .exe file, then your antivirus is deleting it without telling you.
01-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Hi Toasty,

I am getting a "Driver file to large" error when attempting to patch the latest AMD driver 18.12.3. Is there a workaround for this problem with the latest driver?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-06-2019, 12:32 AM
(01-05-2019 04:57 PM)Hunted Wrote:  I am getting a "Driver file to large" error when attempting to patch the latest AMD driver 18.12.3. Is there a workaround for this problem with the latest driver?
You shouldn't be getting that message if you're using the current version of the patcher.
01-06-2019, 10:11 AM
(01-06-2019 12:32 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-05-2019 04:57 PM)Hunted Wrote:  I am getting a "Driver file to large" error when attempting to patch the latest AMD driver 18.12.3. Is there a workaround for this problem with the latest driver?
You shouldn't be getting that message if you're using the current version of the patcher.

Hi , I put ver 1.4.6 under atiflash 2.84 Folder , I still get same Message.
01-06-2019, 02:08 PM
(01-06-2019 10:11 AM)Xuper Wrote:  Hi , I put ver 1.4.6 under atiflash 2.84 Folder , I still get same Message.
Where did you get the latest driver from?