Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
11-15-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(11-14-2013 08:04 PM)BxBender Wrote:  In the tool i can change 10-100% brightness, but i cannot use the key for strobelight off. I deinstalled and installed 3 times. Same issue.
Only going into monitor settings and choosing 60hz deaktivate strobelight. I do not see 101 and 121 there?! 100 and 120 give me strobelight mode on again and i can activate it with the tool too.

Any idea how i can get the tool switching strobelight on/off in booth directions???
Strobing off isn't working because the refresh rates aren't available for some reason. 121 Hz and 101 Hz are supposed to be listed in the Windows monitor settings if you installed them. I'm not aware of any issues with installing refresh rates on AMD cards, so I don't know why that's happening to you.

Check the device manager under display adapters and make sure you don't have any mirror drivers or anything else other than your video card.

Make sure "reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays" is NOT enabled in the Catalyst Control Center.

What happens if you only install 120 Hz and 111 Hz? Do they both get listed in the Windows monitor settings or are there other refresh rates listed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2013, 04:20 AM
(11-13-2013 10:17 PM)ClutchAutomatic Wrote:  I think there is a bug when playing videos from amazon prime using silverlight. When the monitor boots it switches to lightboost, then I can stream amazon prime content using silverlight. When I turn off light boost either keyboard or mouse controls, my screen turns to fuzz. The only way to fix this is to turn light boost back on. I disabled light boost from launch and it will work fine without lightboost. It only happens when I have light boost set up and then turn it off and try to stream a video.
That sounds like an HDCP issue, possibly an NVIDIA driver bug. Make sure GeForce Experience is not installed.

Are you turning strobing off while the video is playing or is this happening even after you close the player?

What happens if you boot with strobing off and play a video, then close the video and turn strobing on?

You can also try the version with the refresh rates swapped: https://www.monitortests.com/strobelight...wapped.zip
11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
(11-15-2013 09:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 08:04 PM)BxBender Wrote:  In the tool i can change 10-100% brightness, but i cannot use the key for strobelight off. I deinstalled and installed 3 times. Same issue.
Only going into monitor settings and choosing 60hz deaktivate strobelight. I do not see 101 and 121 there?! 100 and 120 give me strobelight mode on again and i can activate it with the tool too.

Any idea how i can get the tool switching strobelight on/off in booth directions???
Strobing off isn't working because the refresh rates aren't available for some reason. 121 Hz and 101 Hz are supposed to be listed in the Windows monitor settings if you installed them. I'm not aware of any issues with installing refresh rates on AMD cards, so I don't know why that's happening to you.

Check the device manager under display adapters and make sure you don't have any mirror drivers or anything else other than your video card.

Make sure "reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays" is NOT enabled in the Catalyst Control Center.

What happens if you only install 120 Hz and 111 Hz? Do they both get listed in the Windows monitor settings or are there other refresh rates listed?

Hm, everything seems to be correct. I have only a 7950 in device setting and reduce blablabla is not active in ccc. I have refresh rates 60,75,100,120. When i choose 120, i get strobelight on, 60 is strobelight off mode. i tried 10 times to install this tool again, trying different combination with refresh rates. I never got 101, 111 or 121 to choose from in the CCC. Tried to install the amd driver agin without ccc. Same problems.
11-18-2013, 05:24 AM
(11-16-2013 01:29 PM)BxBender Wrote:  I have refresh rates 60,75,100,120.
If those are the only refresh rates available no matter what refresh rates you install, then something is causing the EDID override to be ignored. I don't know what would cause that to happen because it's not a common issue with AMD cards.

Make sure you are using dual-link DVI or DisplayPort and not HDMI. In the setup program, is the monitor listed as active? Are there any other entries for your monitor in the list? In the device manager under monitors, make sure the monitor is only listed once.

You can use CRU to verify the refresh rates are installed: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...tility-CRU

121 Hz will be listed as 120.503 Hz in CRU, and it will only show three of the refresh rates because the others are stored in the extension block. What happens if you disable the extension block and reboot?

You can also try running the reset-all.exe program that comes with CRU and reboot. That will remove all overrides and any outdated monitor entries. Then try installing the refresh rates again with strobelight-setup.exe and reboot.
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi.

Do i have to activate EDID in the AMD CCC?

What is with the alternative DVI-Mode? It is active in my CCC.

Your CRU tool showed me 3 resolutions: 120.5, 120 and 100.
I tried the reset-all tool and died a new install of the strobelight-tool and activated this time all resolutions but not the 144hz.
Now CRU shows me 120,110,100.
AMD CCC has 120,100,75,60...
It is the same problem changing the resolutions.
The strobelight-tool cannot deaktivate 3D mode.
Choosing resolution in the CCC 120hz = strobelight on, 100= strobelight on, 60hz = strobelight off mode.

I can live with this problem, because my BenQ 2720T changes the colours only a little bit.
But it would be better for me to use my programs and tools in RGB mode with 120hz and only my games in this 3D mode.
Actually i have to work with 60hz while i want to see correct colours (working with images, using my homepage, etc.).
11-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm trying to install strobelight but it says no compatible displays found.

I'm using a BENQ XL2420T monitor and my graphics card is nvidia 745m laptop. Im using a minidisplay port adapter through dvi-d, and I'm outputting 120hz now.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
11-19-2013, 06:45 AM
i want to uninstall this trobelight-beta3.zip, please help!!!
it made all my windows large, while resolution 5780x1080 on tripple Benq27
11-19-2013, 07:00 AM
(11-18-2013 05:40 PM)BxBender Wrote:  Do i have to activate EDID in the AMD CCC?
There shouldn't be an EDID option if you're using DVI, unless you mean for the color temperature, which doesn't affect the refresh rates.

(11-18-2013 05:40 PM)BxBender Wrote:  What is with the alternative DVI-Mode? It is active in my CCC.
That's an old DVI compatibility option. It should be enabled.

(11-18-2013 05:40 PM)BxBender Wrote:  Your CRU tool showed me 3 resolutions: 120.5, 120 and 100.
I tried the reset-all tool and died a new install of the strobelight-tool and activated this time all resolutions but not the 144hz.
Now CRU shows me 120,110,100.
AMD CCC has 120,100,75,60...
Is the monitor listed as active in the setup program or CRU?

I need to know what happens if you disable the extension block in CRU, or even easier, try using the old setup program from beta 2: https://www.monitortests.com/strobelight-beta2.zip

If that doesn't work, then I don't have a solution because something is unusual about your setup. This is not an issue with the program itself. The program can't switch modes if the refresh rates aren't available.
11-19-2013, 07:05 AM
(11-18-2013 08:29 PM)badugi Wrote:  I'm using a BENQ XL2420T monitor and my graphics card is nvidia 745m laptop.
If the laptop has switchable graphics, the installed refresh rates will not work, and the program won't be able to communicate with the monitor.

(11-18-2013 08:29 PM)badugi Wrote:  Im using a minidisplay port adapter through dvi-d, and I'm outputting 120hz now.
Don't use an adapter. Connect the monitor directly using DisplayPort. Active adapters can cause communication problems with the monitor.
11-19-2013, 08:21 AM
(11-19-2013 06:45 AM)gorodnov Wrote:  i want to uninstall this trobelight-beta3.zip, please help!!!
it made all my windows large, while resolution 5780x1080 on tripple Benq27
Strobelight doesn't do anything that would make the windows large. That sounds like a resolution issue or driver bug. Are you using an Eyefinity setup?

The uninstall instructions are in the main post:
(06-28-2013 09:00 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Uninstalling:
  1. Run strobelight-setup.exe and reset the display.
  2. Remove strobelight.exe from the startup folder.
  3. Reboot.