Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
12-24-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  I have 3 asus vg248QE in surround on Windows 8.1 pro and i run 3 GTX 680 4GB Cards.
Surround does not work properly with any of the 331.xx drivers. Install 327.23 or earlier until NVIDIA fixes the problem.

(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  I ran toastys strobelight-setup. Then selected 120hz strobed and 144hz and 60hz non-strobed then rebooted. (Did not uninstall geforce exp) I will do that though next time i run it.
I don't think GeForce Experience is a problem anymore. Apparently I worked around the problem in Beta 3 without realizing it as a side effect of adding support for more refresh rates and DisplayPort audio.

(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  So is it normal to have these enlarged icons?(Can this be changed back to normal somehow?)
No, the icons shouldn't be enlarged. See if installing the older driver fixes this.

(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  Also there are some things i am confused on as well. Do i have to enable stereoscopic 3d with this. Or is this the way around it?
No, the program takes care of unlocking LightBoost in the monitor.

(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  Also i did not see any extra settings in my osd menu on monitors? Should i be concerned with settings for this area? Because i have no idea what they do. I have not done any research yet on this.
The only setting that's available in LightBoost mode is the LightBoost brightness setting.

(12-24-2013 06:09 PM)HyPhEn Wrote:  Am I supposed to change refresh to 120hz instead of 144hz in both nvidia control panel and windows? Or do i leave it alone?
The program takes care of that for you with the hotkeys. Ctrl Alt + will switch to 120 Hz to enable strobing, and Ctrl Alt - will switch to 144 Hz to disable strobing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2013, 09:20 PM
(12-24-2013 11:26 AM)slyder Wrote:  Hey, I have a problem. I installed the programm and set the options how I wanted them. But then after rebooting I just got a blackscreen. I could see the the windows startup thing but then my monitor gave me the message that it lost connection eventough my computer was still running.

In case it helps, I use a benq xlt420te and a second monitor but it also lost connection, furthermore I use a nvidia gtx 680 and windows 7 also it maybe is importaint to say that I used win+r to start the programm.
Make sure you're using dual-link DVI or DisplayPort and not HDMI. If that's not the problem, then I don't know why you're getting a black screen. It shouldn't affect the other monitor either. This is sounding like a possible NVIDIA driver bug related to the EDID override used to install the refresh rates, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

(12-24-2013 11:26 AM)slyder Wrote:  Could you please help me, I think it has something to do that the programm is starting automatically but how can I turn that of before windows is booted up fully and it starts? I'm looking forward to your response.
The program only starts automatically if you put it in the Startup folder, and programs in the Startup folder don't start until after logging in. It should not affect the login screen. If this happens even if the program is not in the Startup folder, then it's an issue with the installed refresh rates.
12-28-2013, 01:32 AM (Last edited: 12-28-2013, 01:50 AM by bennyc500911)
hi,

i have a problem after using the setup, putting the strobelight.exe into startup and rebooting, i get a red error message when entering 3d Mode:

Quote:Warning attempt to run Stereoscopic 3d in non-stereo display mode, please change to an acceptable mode.
see decumentation for acceptable Stereoscopic 3d modes.

3d is working perfectly fine but the error message (only on the left eye) is still there.
when i reset the displays the message is gone.
i used 120hz strobed and 121hz non-strobed modes, both give me the error.
using a XL2411T monitor and a gtx 780. geforce driver 331.82

(12-28-2013 01:32 AM)bennyc500911 Wrote:  hi,

i have a problem after using the setup, putting the strobelight.exe into startup and rebooting, i get a red error message when entering 3d Mode:

Quote:Warning attempt to run Stereoscopic 3d in non-stereo display mode, please change to an acceptable mode.
see decumentation for acceptable Stereoscopic 3d modes.

3d is working perfectly fine but the error message (only on the left eye) is still there.
when i reset the displays the message is gone.
i used 120hz strobed and 121hz non-strobed modes, both give me the error.
using a XL2411T monitor and a gtx 780. geforce driver 331.82
nevermind found the swapped version myself ._.
i should read the whole post before asking questions Big Grin
12-28-2013, 02:34 AM
(12-24-2013 11:26 AM)slyder Wrote:  Hey, I have a problem. I installed the programm and set the options how I wanted them. But then after rebooting I just got a blackscreen.

Having the same issue with Nvidia Surround and 3 Titan's. I even tried strobelightbeta2 and the same issues just like 3 and 4. Soon as windows loads I get "No signal" from the monitor, all 3 are connected with DisplayPort.

It works when the monitors are not in Surround, though I'm using 320.49 drivers so I hoped it wouldn't be the reason, unless Nvidia ruined those to, since I downloaded it from the site.
12-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey,

Thanks for this little util its very helpful. I´m wondering if you plan on implementing some way to set default strobe brightness so people dont have to change it manually on each boot?
12-28-2013, 10:39 AM
(12-28-2013 10:09 AM)Anywhere Wrote:  Hey,

Thanks for this little util its very helpful. I´m wondering if you plan on implementing some way to set default strobe brightness so people dont have to change it manually on each boot?

It should save whatever brightness you set it to, I think thew default is 50% but after that if you set it lower or higher I believe it stays, even after a reboot.

Okay disregard my earlier statement about having issues, not sure what I did but it's working now. I got tired of it not working so I just starting playing a game for a bit with 144 Hz non LB, then I just said what's the worst that can happen and tried it out and it works. Thanks again Toasty, you're the best for creating this program, and those who helped you.
12-28-2013, 04:37 PM
No, it doesn´t, at least not on my machine.

(12-28-2013 10:39 AM)shogon Wrote:  
(12-28-2013 10:09 AM)Anywhere Wrote:  Hey,

It should save whatever brightness you set it to, I think thew default is 50% but after that if you set it lower or higher I believe it stays, even after a reboot.

Okay disregard my earlier statement about having issues, not sure what I did but it's working now. I got tired of it not working so I just starting playing a game for a bit with 144 Hz non LB, then I just said what's the worst that can happen and tried it out and it works. Thanks again Toasty, you're the best for creating this program, and those who helped you.
12-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Is there any way for the application to default to Strobing off when booting up the computer? It automatically turns on whenever I log in.
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
It's one of the listed options:
(06-28-2013 09:00 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The program can be configured by renaming strobelight.exe to any of the following:
  • strobelight-off.exe = Start with strobing off. This can be combined with the other options: strobelight-off-init.exe or strobelight-off-hide.exe
12-28-2013, 07:43 PM
(12-28-2013 10:09 AM)Anywhere Wrote:  Thanks for this little util its very helpful. I´m wondering if you plan on implementing some way to set default strobe brightness so people dont have to change it manually on each boot?
What monitor do you have? The monitor is supposed to remember the brightness, but someone mentioned that the BenQ XL2420TX doesn't. That's a monitor-specific problem. One way around that is to set the brightness manually in the monitor's menu.