Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
03-29-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(03-29-2014 10:36 AM)BxBender Wrote:  But now i try to use my monitor with Displayport 1.2 on the Mini-Dp-Port in my grafic card.
It still does not work!
The tool does not start with windows and i cant open it. I have always only 60hz. The CCC does not have more than 60hz.
Something strange is going on with the driver. That should never happen.

Try completely uninstalling the driver using this: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Then download and install Catalyst 13.12: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx

Then run strobelight-setup.exe again to install the refresh rates and reboot.

If that doesn't work, exit Strobelight and try restarting the driver using this: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip

Then run Strobelight again. If that works, then you're running into an AMD driver bug. You'll have to do that every time you reboot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I did what you told me. After installing CCC 13.12 i can click on 120hz but the monitor does not accept it and goes back to a lower resolution.
Only 60hz does work.
Using the DP-cable windows tells me that there is a connection error.
But this is already another new cable. The monitor is new and the grafic card.
Everything should work together.
13.11 did not work and 14.3 beta driver did not work.
When i use the dual-dvi cable, i can get the 120hz mode and strobelight too, but the tool does not work.
03-30-2014, 08:43 AM
(03-29-2014 07:28 PM)BxBender Wrote:  I did what you told me. After installing CCC 13.12 i can click on 120hz but the monitor does not accept it and goes back to a lower resolution.
Only 60hz does work.
Using the DP-cable windows tells me that there is a connection error.
But this is already another new cable. The monitor is new and the grafic card.
Everything should work together.
13.11 did not work and 14.3 beta driver did not work.
When i use the dual-dvi cable, i can get the 120hz mode and strobelight too, but the tool does not work.

I need to know what happens after you do this part with both DisplayPort and dual-link DVI:
(03-29-2014 06:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If that doesn't work, exit Strobelight and try restarting the driver using this: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip

Then run Strobelight again. If that works, then you're running into an AMD driver bug. You'll have to do that every time you reboot.
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
I dont speak your language. :-))
What shall i tell you?

The restart thing gives me 640 pixel and i had problems to find the option to get back to 1080p so see something on my screen. At the moment i have nothing. Now strobelight toll does not work anymore. I play with only 120hz on dual-dvi. Dp has 60hz. I have the problems from the first day with this tool. It seems will never work with benQ and AMD and Win 8(.1).
03-30-2014, 06:05 PM
(03-30-2014 12:19 PM)BxBender Wrote:  I dont speak your language. :-))
What shall i tell you?

The restart thing gives me 640 pixel and i had problems to find the option to get back to 1080p so see something on my screen. At the moment i have nothing. Now strobelight toll does not work anymore. I play with only 120hz on dual-dvi. Dp has 60hz. I have the problems from the first day with this tool. It seems will never work with benQ and AMD and Win 8(.1).
I can't help you because the problems you're having are not typical. Nobody else has reported anything like this. Strobelight is not the problem. The problem is something on your system is preventing the refresh rates from working properly. Strobelight can't enable/disable strobing if the refresh rates aren't available.

The DisplayPort problem sounds like a completely different problem. 120 Hz should be available out of the box with DisplayPort without using any tools, although it won't be strobed by default. If you can't even use 120 Hz, then something on your system is not working properly.

The problem with the restart tool is yet another problem. All it does is restart the video driver. That shouldn't mess with the resolution.

That's at least three different issues. Your system is screwed up. You've described multiple problems that shouldn't happen.

Do you have TeamViewer so I can take a look at it myself?
03-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi.

Nice that you try to help me. Thanks.
After some retries i got 120 strobelight mode back for my dual-dvi-cable.
But there are no settings available in this tool, only 10-100% brightness. I can get 60hz normal mode in the AMD CCC or 120hz strobelight mode.
I activated 120,110 and 100hz with/without strobelight in the setup of the tool.
The TeamViewer tool is installed and i registered it today.
I am living in Germany. Is it possible that we can see us online at the same time?
I am online from 18:00 to 23:00 Berlin time.
Skype is BxBender, Steam too.
Must i prepare something? Driver / tools / settings?
04-01-2014, 04:14 AM
(03-01-2014 04:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The XL2411Z and XL2720Z will not be supported unless someone can tell me how the encryption works. They fixed the weakness that I used to unlock 3D mode on the other monitors.

Have you asked Mark (chief blur buster) about that? I think he'd be the one to crack that.

I'd love to compare lightboost and benq blur reduction at the same time. Unfortunately I can't unlock the 2720Z through the laptop anymore, with the DVI-HDMI adaptor (yay for having no dvi connector on it); it worked with the VG248QE, with a messed up resolution showing on it on the laptop (even though the VG said "improper cable"), and unlocked to transfer to the desktop but the benq seems far less tolerant and either scrambles the screen after the custom res is entered, or goes out of range (thus I can't even get to the 3d vision /asus 120 hz 3d lcd area).

Keep us posted if you find anything about the encryption.
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
WOHOO! It works now. Big thx to toastyx!

I can use now his strobelight tool with AMD and Win 8.1 x64.
But the fucking Display-Port-60hz-Bug seems to be a very big problem.
Maybe the BenQ or AMD support team can help me.
The got already a lot of money over the last years.
Now they can do something for their money. :-))

HintToastyX: Maybe you are rich now. ;-)
04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
The AMD Radeon 7950 has a bug with Win 8.1.
You may not take strobelight into the autostart folder.
This would give you strobelight mode=on, but the CCC cuts off all other resolution settings and the strobelight tool will not work correct.
So after windows boot you have to start the restart.exe manually.
Second you have to start strobelight.exe manually.
So you will get all functions of this strobelight tool and all works fine.
You can make shortcuts to the tools on your desktop or you can try to make a batch file or something else and try to start it over autostart together. But you have to give them a delay, so that the restart.exe can start first and make the changeings before strobelight wants to initialize the monitor.
04-03-2014, 03:44 AM
(04-01-2014 04:14 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  Have you asked Mark (chief blur buster) about that? I think he'd be the one to crack that.

I'd love to compare lightboost and benq blur reduction at the same time. Unfortunately I can't unlock the 2720Z through the laptop anymore
He's had this information since the beginning when I first captured the encrypted handshake. I was the one that found a way around it, and he was the one that provided the information I needed to get the earlier BenQ models working. The encryption is still the same with the newer models, but the weakness has been fixed. It's not something that would be easy to crack.

The BenQ blur reduction should be superior anyway if you have the newer firmware.