Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
11-15-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(11-15-2014 10:42 AM)Garpastum Wrote:  Guys, do please the new version with support for the new DirectX 11 games like PES 2015, FIFA 15. I beg you!
What are you talking about? Strobelight has nothing to do with DirectX. It's a monitor utility. I can't fix broken games.

(11-13-2014 06:25 PM)Garpastum Wrote:  Why is this utility does not work correctly in PES 2014 and PES 2015. At 120 frames game microshuttering. Help me.
That has nothing to do with the program. Strobelight doesn't even need to be running for LightBoost to work. It simply unlocks LightBoost in the monitor and then acts as a hotkey resolution switcher. It sounds like the game is not handling high refresh rates properly or has frame rate problems unrelated to the program.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2014, 12:47 PM
(11-14-2014 02:17 AM)circusdevil Wrote:  My strobe light isn't working properly anymore. It says strobing on but I cant change the brightness. Also in the UFO test its blurry at 120. I have the BenQ XL2720T, AMD 7970 with the latest drivers. I went back to the older drivers to test and that did not help. Any ideas? Thank you
It sounds like the refresh rates aren't installed for some reason. Have you tried reinstalling the refresh rates?

If that doesn't work, check if restarting the video driver restores the refresh rates: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip
11-15-2014, 03:55 PM (Last edited: 11-15-2014, 03:56 PM by z1ppz)
Ok so to follow up. If I install the new drivers and install the hack after I restart it works. Now after I turn off my PC it stops working. So it seems it works then doesn't work.

Newest nvidia drivers on a 780 GTX with xl2720ts x3 in surround.

So it seems it still doesn't work.
11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Thank you for a response. But unfortunately the driver restart didn't work either did reinstalling the refresh rates. The monitor is showing the that 3D is enabled. The strobe brightness is also showing and doing nothing but it saying strobeing is on. Anything else to try? thank you
11-16-2014, 03:09 PM
(11-16-2014 02:58 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Thank you for a response. But unfortunately the driver restart didn't work either did reinstalling the refresh rates. The monitor is showing the that 3D is enabled. The strobe brightness is also showing and doing nothing but it saying strobeing is on. Anything else to try? thank you
If 3D mode is enabled, then strobing should be working. The monitor might be stuck in a confused state. Try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute, then plug it back in and reinitialize it with Strobelight.
11-16-2014, 04:06 PM (Last edited: 11-16-2014, 04:19 PM by circusdevil)
Thank you for your response. OK I figured out it was Firefox causing the stutter in the UFO test. I just tried opera and worked perfectly. So is this a Firefox bug? But anyway I still don't have the option to change the strobeing brightness. I'm guessing that's not normal? Is there a fix for that? Thank you very much for your help ToastyX.

Sorry for the quick posts but I hope this might help others also as I found new things out. I got the brightness setting working by resetting my monitors setting to default. I was trying to correct for the color change when using strobelight on the monitor which canceled out the strobeing brightness. So is there a way to get better color/brightness when strobbing? In the AMD color settings doesn't help. Thank you
11-17-2014, 02:32 AM
(11-16-2014 04:06 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Thank you for your response. OK I figured out it was Firefox causing the stutter in the UFO test. I just tried opera and worked perfectly. So is this a Firefox bug? But anyway I still don't have the option to change the strobeing brightness. I'm guessing that's not normal? Is there a fix for that? Thank you very much for your help ToastyX.
Frame rate issues will cause stuttering. Chrome is better at vsync than other browsers, and the current version of Opera uses the same engine as Chrome. I wouldn't worry about Firefox so much. That would just indicate a performance problem with Firefox and not a problem with the refresh rates.

(11-16-2014 04:06 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Sorry for the quick posts but I hope this might help others also as I found new things out. I got the brightness setting working by resetting my monitors setting to default. I was trying to correct for the color change when using strobelight on the monitor which canceled out the strobeing brightness. So is there a way to get better color/brightness when strobbing? In the AMD color settings doesn't help. Thank you
That's weird. That seems like a monitor bug. The color settings should be locked in 3D mode. I don't really have any solutions for the color issues because software settings often don't affect full-screen games. That's one weakness of the LightBoost monitors. The newer BenQ Z-series monitors can strobe without washing out the colors.
11-18-2014, 01:55 PM
@ToastyX any word on a working version of lightboost for AMD users on the PG278Q?
11-19-2014, 06:07 AM
(11-18-2014 01:55 PM)Doctor_Str ange Wrote:  @ToastyX any word on a working version of lightboost for AMD users on the PG278Q?

If you guys want ToastyX to update strobelight to work on the Benq Z series monitors and the ROG Swift, you need to donate him a monitor Sad He has to have the monitor to find out how to do the bypasses Smile
11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
(11-19-2014 06:07 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  
(11-18-2014 01:55 PM)Doctor_Str ange Wrote:  @ToastyX any word on a working version of lightboost for AMD users on the PG278Q?

If you guys want ToastyX to update strobelight to work on the Benq Z series monitors and the ROG Swift, you need to donate him a monitor Sad He has to have the monitor to find out how to do the bypasses Smile

Confused Maybe I'll sell/donate my 7970s and pick up an Nvidia card...