Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
01-17-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
hi all people,

somehow this messed up with all the factory settings of my BenQ XL2420T 120hz monitor, just after installing and rebooted my screen became all green just like if the color temperature are stuck in green, proceeded to reset the monitor refresh rate and unistall strobelight, now I can confirm that all of the settings in picture mode are corrupted, but the worse of all are the "standard mode" which are completely green in normal and bluish color temperature, reddish its pink.. if I change the picture mode to Movie, photo, sRGB,etc.. things are normal again but with oversaturated colors and I can't access to color temperature and gamma options in those modes... after a couple of hours fiddling with all the monitor options i've also found that when I try Senseye Demo in Picture advanced the right-half screen become also green like if Senseye Demo are also corrupted..

I can live with all of those issues, as if I select a manual color temperature (actually using 97, 99, 96 R/G/B) things look OK, but the major of the problems happens when the monitor are set at 120hz in windows or CCC (I have a couple of AMD r9 280X). I can perceive in some grey scenarios what appear to be A LOT of horizontal scanning lines across the screen, which certainly affect any video, game and even are noticeable in the windows taskbar so its kind of annoying.

i've used restore points, changed cables (tested DVI-DL, HDMI and DP), reset colors in the monitor, factory reset the monitor, nothing work. I guess i should RMA this thing, but I fear it will not be approved because it was caused by a 3rd party application.. so IDK really what to do. I will be uploading some photos later (as right now here are 4:22AM so after a lot of testing i'm so sleepy). any advice would be really appreciated. sorry for my English isn't my native language and thanks for reading all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2015, 02:33 PM
(01-17-2015 08:54 AM)Araxie Wrote:  i've used restore points, changed cables (tested DVI-DL, HDMI and DP), reset colors in the monitor, factory reset the monitor, nothing work. I guess i should RMA this thing, but I fear it will not be approved because it was caused by a 3rd party application..
Strobelight did not cause that. It doesn't mess with any factory settings. It simply unlocks 3D mode in the monitor, which resets itself if you unplug the monitor's power. The monitor is defective. The same thing would have happened if you used NVIDIA 3D Vision.
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
(01-17-2015 02:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-17-2015 08:54 AM)Araxie Wrote:  i've used restore points, changed cables (tested DVI-DL, HDMI and DP), reset colors in the monitor, factory reset the monitor, nothing work. I guess i should RMA this thing, but I fear it will not be approved because it was caused by a 3rd party application..
Strobelight did not cause that. It doesn't mess with any factory settings. It simply unlocks 3D mode in the monitor, which resets itself if you unplug the monitor's power. The monitor is defective. The same thing would have happened if you used NVIDIA 3D Vision.

thanks for the response, I was wondering exactly that, I know strobelight have nothing to do with the monitor settings, but it did happened just after install strobelight?. I was successfully used Nvidia 3D vision with my old GTX 670 in the game Trine 2. never a single issue, maybe for using now AMD cards? maybe a issue with the monitor changing to Nvidia 3D vision in settings?. anything you can recommend me? did you know any step to make a full factory reset of the picture mode settings? here where i live I have to send my monitor for over 5 hours to the approved service center by BenQ and this is my unique monitor right know for entertainment but also work. so if i can fix the issue manually it would be better..
01-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Hi again,

Just a quick question regarding the strobelight.exe icon in the taskbar: occasionally, my explorer.exe will crash and reboot causing a refresh of the icons in the taskbar. For whatever reason, I can never get strobelight.exe to show up again.

I have to restart my computer for the icon to show up. Not a big problem, as strobing is still enabled and can be turned off with the shortcut, but I was just curious to see if it's a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

Thanks!

Specs:

GeForce GTX 680
2 x ASUS VG248QE
Windows 7 Professional
01-21-2015, 12:42 AM
(01-19-2015 09:41 PM)squatchy Wrote:  Just a quick question regarding the strobelight.exe icon in the taskbar: occasionally, my explorer.exe will crash and reboot causing a refresh of the icons in the taskbar. For whatever reason, I can never get strobelight.exe to show up again.

I have to restart my computer for the icon to show up. Not a big problem, as strobing is still enabled and can be turned off with the shortcut, but I was just curious to see if it's a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong on my end.
I will have to add a check to add the icon again when Explorer restarts. For now, you have to kill strobelight.exe with the task manager and run it again.
01-21-2015, 12:51 AM
(01-17-2015 09:03 PM)Araxie Wrote:  thanks for the response, I was wondering exactly that, I know strobelight have nothing to do with the monitor settings, but it did happened just after install strobelight?. I was successfully used Nvidia 3D vision with my old GTX 670 in the game Trine 2. never a single issue, maybe for using now AMD cards? maybe a issue with the monitor changing to Nvidia 3D vision in settings?. anything you can recommend me? did you know any step to make a full factory reset of the picture mode settings?
I don't know any settings that would cause what you described. If unplugging the monitor's power doesn't reset it, then the monitor is defective.
01-22-2015, 06:08 PM (Last edited: 01-22-2015, 07:00 PM by falkentyne)
Try using SoftMCCS from entechtaiwan. The setup for it will reset absolutely everything to defaults, if you go through all the steps (but one test will almost shut off the backlight). Activating a profile will reset that.

If SoftMCCS doesn't work, RMA the monitor.

After you do all this and get a proper screen, unplug and hard power cycle the monitor.
02-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi. Before i changed my gpu from geforce to radeon lightboost works fine with #3 method from lightboost howto (cru edit and in nvidia CP wizard running) i've got in monitor menu nvidia lightboost option. But i changed my gpu to radeon hd 6850 and strobelight don't work (initializing monitor ...) what should i do to enable lightboost at benq xl2411z with radeon? Maybe should i do method #4? Install the asus video drivers and then strobelight maybe work? What do you think?
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Question RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hey all, recently got a BenQ XL2411 connected via DVI-D.

Ran 144 hz and 120 hz and boy what a difference!

I've tried the 1350 tweak via Nvidia Control Panel; however I'm having a difficult time initializing strobelight.

I've installed 120 hz (strobed) and 121 hz (for on and off) via setup; however, upon restart it continues to intialize and never stops.

It's at 5000 passes as I post this but here's what it looked like:

[Image: 8vygdhV.png]

Also, one thing I've noticed is sometimes when I change the refresh rate and enable blur reduction of the BenQ, it completely turns black permanently unless I restart or turn it on and off again for it to reset. Huh

Thanks.
02-07-2015, 07:47 AM
(02-04-2015 05:14 PM)LightLotus Wrote:  Hey all, recently got a BenQ XL2411 connected via DVI-D.

Ran 144 hz and 120 hz and boy what a difference!

I've tried the 1350 tweak via Nvidia Control Panel; however I'm having a difficult time initializing strobelight.

I've installed 120 hz (strobed) and 121 hz (for on and off) via setup; however, upon restart it continues to intialize and never stops.

It's at 5000 passes as I post this but here's what it looked like:
Strobelight is not compatible with the BenQ Z-series monitors.