Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
03-17-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(03-17-2015 03:03 AM)EniGmA1987 Wrote:  ASUS I think it was said that ULMB becomes disabled when it doesnt get told to allow the feature from the Nvidia drivers. So the feature is part of the GSync module and in the monitor firmware, and selected from the monitor's OSD, but the OSD option becomes grayed out if you switch to a non-Nvidia card. So yes, vendor lock through the driver.
If it's a vendor lock, I probably won't be able to get around it because I don't have a way to intercept DisplayPort communications, and it might be encrypted anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Hi I just bought a BenQ XL2430T and strobelight does not work for me. Just has the Initializing Display 1. Pass(###) this went up to 4000. I read that the Z series doesn't work but is the XL2430T a Z-series?
03-19-2015, 11:47 AM
(03-19-2015 01:14 AM)Motokun Wrote:  Hi I just bought a BenQ XL2430T and strobelight does not work for me. Just has the Initializing Display 1. Pass(###) this went up to 4000. I read that the Z series doesn't work but is the XL2430T a Z-series?
None of the newer monitors will work with Strobelight.
03-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi!

I've som trouble lauching the strobelight app. I'm getting the message that it can't find any compatible monitors. I have a Benq XL2420t, and I've been running strobelight before. I just installed the new nvidia driver 347.88, and I'm suspecting this is the cause.

Also my monitor's options is changing after installing strobelight, for instance the lightboost is enabled. Any ideas?
03-24-2015, 04:02 PM
(03-22-2015 08:16 PM)Willie Wrote:  I've som trouble lauching the strobelight app. I'm getting the message that it can't find any compatible monitors. I have a Benq XL2420t, and I've been running strobelight before. I just installed the new nvidia driver 347.88, and I'm suspecting this is the cause.
Does that only happen when logging in or does that also happen when running strobelight.exe manually? Does that still happen when you press the "Retry" button? That would indicate a DDC communication problem with the monitor, but I don't know what would cause that if it was working before. I don't see any compatibility issues with 347.88.

(03-22-2015 08:16 PM)Willie Wrote:  Also my monitor's options is changing after installing strobelight, for instance the lightboost is enabled. Any ideas?
That's supposed to happen if LightBoost is enabled.
04-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Hi , i had lightboost beta 3 installed . but since i installed beta 4 . i set the new refresh rates , and once i restart my computer . i try to launch strobelight.exe but it seems to not load.
you know why ? can u help me ?
if not , where can i download the strobelight beta 3 ?

pls help me . thx
04-26-2015, 12:04 PM
(04-26-2015 10:43 AM)lockdown Wrote:  Hi , i had lightboost beta 3 installed . but since i installed beta 4 . i set the new refresh rates , and once i restart my computer . i try to launch strobelight.exe but it seems to not load.
I don't see how that could happen. The only difference is beta 4 will wait a few seconds for the desktop to load when starting up. There are no other changes. If you're not getting any error messages and it's not showing in the task manager, then something is blocking the program from running.

https://www.monitortests.com/old/strobelight-beta3.zip
04-26-2015, 01:41 PM
(04-26-2015 12:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 10:43 AM)lockdown Wrote:  Hi , i had lightboost beta 3 installed . but since i installed beta 4 . i set the new refresh rates , and once i restart my computer . i try to launch strobelight.exe but it seems to not load.
I don't see how that could happen. The only difference is beta 4 will wait a few seconds for the desktop to load when starting up. There are no other changes. If you're not getting any error messages and it's not showing in the task manager, then something is blocking the program from running.

https://www.monitortests.com/old/strobelight-beta3.zip

Dont know what it can be , but still happends Sad
i noticed in task man. a program ( consent.exe ) starts too , something shuts it down .strobelight starts but after a few sec , it shuts down . i try to unstall my antivirus too ( avg ) but still happends . pls help me . not even beta 3 works anymore
04-28-2015, 09:28 PM
(04-26-2015 01:41 PM)lockdown Wrote:  Dont know what it can be , but still happends Sad
i noticed in task man. a program ( consent.exe ) starts too , something shuts it down .strobelight starts but after a few sec , it shuts down . i try to unstall my antivirus too ( avg ) but still happends . pls help me . not even beta 3 works anymore
The consent.exe program is part of Windows and is supposed to be for handling UAC, but strobelight.exe doesn't require administrator privileges to run, and you should be getting an error message if something goes wrong, so I don't know why that's happening. Nobody has ever reported this before.

Try right-clicking strobelight.exe and choose "Properties" and check if there's an "Unblock" button near the bottom: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-window...ccess-file

If that doesn't help, try repairing the system catalog database: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...34083.aspx
05-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Does the Lightboost work with Catalyst 15.4? I have a Asus ROG Swift and 2x MSI R9 290X Gaming 4g OC.