Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-25-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(08-23-2016 01:06 AM)torsionbar Wrote:  i was using the latest driver and even tried some others. It's no trying to initialise the monitors. not sure what else to try.

I don't see the message pop up saying initialise monitors with the timer running. the icon in the tray appears and I'm not able to adjust the brightness. the motion test says valid but i can tell its now actually at 120hz. does not look smooth at all.
It does try, but it can't initialize the monitors if it can't communicate with them. Try renaming strobelight.exe to strobelight-debug.exe and post the debug.txt file here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2016, 12:38 AM (Last edited: 09-29-2016, 12:45 AM by iKillItErrday)
I just got a 3rd (third) vg248qe and this strobelight lightboost only works on 2 (two) of them, the first two. I have 4 monitors in total - 3 vg248qe along the top row and a 1080p non lightboost in the center middle on the bottom row in windows 10. Is there a hack to make this work, quickly?
09-29-2016, 03:51 AM
(09-29-2016 12:38 AM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  I just got a 3rd (third) vg248qe and this strobelight lightboost only works on 2 (two) of them, the first two. I have 4 monitors in total - 3 vg248qe along the top row and a 1080p non lightboost in the center middle on the bottom row in windows 10. Is there a hack to make this work, quickly?
What video card do you have? How are the monitors connected to the video card? What happens with the third monitor?
09-29-2016, 11:46 AM
(09-29-2016 03:51 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-29-2016 12:38 AM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  I just got a 3rd (third) vg248qe and this strobelight lightboost only works on 2 (two) of them, the first two. I have 4 monitors in total - 3 vg248qe along the top row and a 1080p non lightboost in the center middle on the bottom row in windows 10. Is there a hack to make this work, quickly?
What video card do you have? How are the monitors connected to the video card? What happens with the third monitor?

I have a gtx 950. I have it in the following setup. The driver works on restart but if I put it to sleep it will crash on wake up. The cards are connected with 2 on DisplayPort, 1 on DVI-D, and the middle on HDMI. The vg248qe on the right doesn't respond to strobelight. I don't care about de-bezelling in this setup.

PHOTO ATTACHMENT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Eg0nu...sp=sharing
09-29-2016, 04:30 PM
(09-29-2016 11:46 AM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  I have a gtx 950. I have it in the following setup. The driver works on restart but if I put it to sleep it will crash on wake up. The cards are connected with 2 on DisplayPort, 1 on DVI-D, and the middle on HDMI. The vg248qe on the right doesn't respond to strobelight. I don't care about de-bezelling in this setup.
Is the one on the right connected to DisplayPort or to DVI? What do you mean by doesn't respond to strobelight? Are the refresh rates installed? Are you able to select 120 Hz in the NVIDIA control panel for all three monitors? Is the refresh rate changing with the hotkeys? Rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-debug.exe and post the debug.txt file here.
09-29-2016, 05:18 PM
(09-29-2016 04:30 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-29-2016 11:46 AM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  I have a gtx 950. I have it in the following setup. The driver works on restart but if I put it to sleep it will crash on wake up. The cards are connected with 2 on DisplayPort, 1 on DVI-D, and the middle on HDMI. The vg248qe on the right doesn't respond to strobelight. I don't care about de-bezelling in this setup.
Is the one on the right connected to DisplayPort or to DVI? What do you mean by doesn't respond to strobelight? Are the refresh rates installed? Are you able to select 120 Hz in the NVIDIA control panel for all three monitors? Is the refresh rate changing with the hotkeys? Rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-debug.exe and post the debug.txt file here.

Its connected to DisplayPort. It doesn't respond like you talk about here with 3 monitor surround not working: The refresh rates are installed and change with the hotkeys for the 2 on the left.

http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-b...dware-mod/

Renaming it to strobelight-debug I dont get any text output to any file.

I'm just wondering what the easiest method to get it working correctly is - maybe I should do a hardware mod or get the BenQ gaming monitor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M8E0K06/?tag=mtests-20#ad
09-29-2016, 05:58 PM
(09-29-2016 05:18 PM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  Its connected to DisplayPort. It doesn't respond like you talk about here with 3 monitor surround not working: The refresh rates are installed and change with the hotkeys for the 2 on the left.

http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-b...dware-mod/
Are you using Surround or just multiple monitors? The refresh rates need to be installed with Surround disabled. Are you able to select 120 Hz in the NVIDIA control panel for all three monitors with Surround disabled?

(09-29-2016 05:18 PM)iKillItErrday Wrote:  Renaming it to strobelight-debug I dont get any text output to any file.
It should. Did you spell it right? The debug.txt file should be in the same directory as strobelight-debug.exe. If not, it might not have permission to write the file. Try moving strobelight-debug.exe to the desktop and run it from there.
09-29-2016, 06:02 PM
I got it to work by reinstalling the display driver. Now it works on all three. Sweet.
10-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Hello guys,
long time i didnt come to this forum.

I just wanted to post here my gtx 980 FIX ( kinda )
I been having problems whit lightstrobe in my gtx 980
Due to Display port / driver errors in resolution and frequency
yesterday i change the Display port 1.0 to DVI-Dual link
and problem is gone. everyting works.
the problem might be from the Display port cable or driver related
i'm not the only one having this issue, until nvidia fix it, use DVI-D if your dont want to use G-Sync ( feature related to display port cables )

i hope i helped somehow, have fun!
10-15-2016, 05:39 PM
I have been having issues with lightboost on my VG248QE ever since I got an RX 480. It used to work just fine on my 2 6870s, so I'm not sure if it something weird with the new card or the new drivers. Was using windows 10 in both cases. Current Radeon Software version is 16.10.1, but I have had issues with 16.9.1, 16.9.2, and probably a few other drivers (pretty much any driver released after the RX 480).

The monitor is connected using a dual link DVI.

strobelight.exe errors saying no compatible displays found. I included the debug.txt, hopefully it is useful.

I did get strobelight to work with the 480 by setting it up using one of my older PCs and then using CRU to set the resolution/refresh rate, but I would prefer not to have to do that every time the monitor fully powers off.

Attached File(s)
.txt  debug.txt (Size: 678 bytes / Downloads: 477)