Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
05-06-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(05-05-2018 08:58 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-05-2018 12:08 PM)luk06 Wrote:  I need help with setting up both StrobeLight and a custom resolution on CRU. I've done them separately in successful fashion. When i install strobelight i lose my custom resolution (1152x864).

Do you know how to solve this?
Install the refresh rates first. Then edit with CRU.

I tried to edit the added Detailed Resolutions (120hz strobed), that was added from StrobeLight. I also tried to add another detailed resolution with the same settings from the StrobeLight generated. (StrobeLight added these: https://i.imgur.com/Q4t87Pp.png)

The problem is every time that i apply the manually added resolutions i got an OSD error message while it displays the default 144hz image (not strobed) with the selected resolution.
The msg:
"Incorrect Cable.
Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor."

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2018, 03:13 PM
(05-06-2018 01:44 PM)luk06 Wrote:  I tried to edit the added Detailed Resolutions (120hz strobed), that was added from StrobeLight. I also tried to add another detailed resolution with the same settings from the StrobeLight generated. (StrobeLight added these: https://i.imgur.com/Q4t87Pp.png)
LightBoost only works at the native resolution. You need to enable GPU scaling for strobing to work with lower resolutions.
06-08-2018, 04:23 PM
(05-07-2018 03:13 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 01:44 PM)luk06 Wrote:  I tried to edit the added Detailed Resolutions (120hz strobed), that was added from StrobeLight. I also tried to add another detailed resolution with the same settings from the StrobeLight generated. (StrobeLight added these: https://i.imgur.com/Q4t87Pp.png)
LightBoost only works at the native resolution. You need to enable GPU scaling for strobing to work with lower resolutions.

Hey there mate will there be an option for my AOC G2460PF monitor to use your storbing app :?
06-09-2018, 06:20 PM
(06-08-2018 04:23 PM)Maor Wrote:  Hey there mate will there be an option for my AOC G2460PF monitor to use your storbing app :?
That's not a strobing monitor.
06-16-2018, 01:22 PM (Last edited: 06-16-2018, 03:21 PM by Maor)
(06-09-2018 06:20 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-08-2018 04:23 PM)Maor Wrote:  Hey there mate will there be an option for my AOC G2460PF monitor to use your storbing app :?
That's not a strobing monitor.

Can you make it a storbing monitor please?
07-18-2018, 03:35 PM
I just noticed today that I get a horizontal white line when I use strobelight. https://imgur.com/rkZ12VN

This doesn't show when I turned strobelight off, I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, different levels of strobing. I've never had this before. It doesn't show in screenshots either.
07-18-2018, 10:35 PM
(07-18-2018 03:35 PM)LightBoost Wrote:  I just noticed today that I get a horizontal white line when I use strobelight. https://imgur.com/rkZ12VN

This doesn't show when I turned strobelight off, I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, different levels of strobing. I've never had this before. It doesn't show in screenshots either.
That looks like a hardware issue.
07-18-2018, 11:10 PM (Last edited: 07-18-2018, 11:12 PM by LightBoost)
(07-18-2018 10:35 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-18-2018 03:35 PM)LightBoost Wrote:  I just noticed today that I get a horizontal white line when I use strobelight. https://imgur.com/rkZ12VN

That looks like a hardware issue.

Would you have an idea of which piece of hardware might be causing the issue? Or is it just the monitor? If so, do you have any idea of how to fix other than get a new monitor? I've had it for years now without issue.

I also noticed that the line doesn't show when the computer is booting up (motherboard screen, windows screen) only shows for Windows login and after.
07-20-2018, 01:27 AM
(07-18-2018 11:10 PM)LightBoost Wrote:  Would you have an idea of which piece of hardware might be causing the issue? Or is it just the monitor? If so, do you have any idea of how to fix other than get a new monitor? I've had it for years now without issue.
It looks like the monitor. Try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute just in case it's a firmware glitch. If that doesn't help, it might be an internal connection issue. Sometimes pressing on the edge of the panel where the line is will make it go away, but usually the panel needs to be replaced.
08-03-2018, 12:24 AM (Last edited: 08-04-2018, 03:54 AM by madaf)
Hey toasty, I can't seem to get strobelight to start strobing on restart in windows 10. Every time I restart, I have to manually click on the "strobing on" or "reinitialize display" entry to begin strobing. It is a fresh install of windows so I don't know what could be causing it. I have tried with having non strobed refresh rates installed and with only 120hz (strobed) refresh rate installed. Early thanks! Smile

EDIT: I went ahead and did a manual override on the EDID to force strobing on startup. I would much rather use your tool but I sometimes forget to toggle manually and I go on playing with a color profile I calibrated for strobing.