Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
09-15-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(09-14-2013 11:37 PM)Excelmn Wrote:  Is there a mirror for the download for this? I'm not able to download the link on page 1 here.
If you can read and post here, then you should be able to download it. It's on the same server. What happens when you try to download it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 09:34 PM
(09-15-2013 05:50 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-14-2013 11:37 PM)Excelmn Wrote:  Is there a mirror for the download for this? I'm not able to download the link on page 1 here.
If you can read and post here, then you should be able to download it. It's on the same server. What happens when you try to download it?

"Connection interrupted", was happening both friday and yesterday in Chrome and IE, with and without a router between my pc and the cable modem.

Just tried again, and it worked!
09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I'm having a problem when running Tripple Screen on SLI with the strobe light.
It looks like the setup exe only detects 2 of the 4 displays. After rebooting all screens are black and I've to reset the displays via safe mode.

All Monitors are connected via Dual DVI (middle on first cart, the other two on the second card)

Any ideas?
09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Hey.

I have an XL2411t and a 7970.

When enabling strobelight at 120Hz my monitor becomes horizontally stripy or striped.

You can literally see the striped for example in CSGO or when paying attention to the top bar of Chrome app.

What to do or is there a fix ?
09-16-2013, 10:07 PM
(09-16-2013 07:36 PM)an0nym Wrote:  I'm having a problem when running Tripple Screen on SLI with the strobe light.
It looks like the setup exe only detects 2 of the 4 displays. After rebooting all screens are black and I've to reset the displays via safe mode.

All Monitors are connected via Dual DVI (middle on first cart, the other two on the second card)

Any ideas?
First, try uninstalling GeForce Experience if that's installed. Then try disabling surround before running strobelight-setup.exe.
09-16-2013, 10:14 PM
(09-16-2013 09:58 PM)cheti Wrote:  When enabling strobelight at 120Hz my monitor becomes horizontally stripy or striped.

You can literally see the striped for example in CSGO or when paying attention to the top bar of Chrome app.

What to do or is there a fix ?
The faint horizontal lines are a panel issue. Some panels have it worse than others. There is no fix other than to try a replacement monitor and hope that one is better.
09-17-2013, 12:05 AM (Last edited: 09-17-2013, 12:06 AM by mdrejhon)
(09-15-2013 02:06 PM)ikjadoon Wrote:  If it happens again, I'll know for sure it wasn't PB being over-active as usual on Strobelight, but AFAIK, I don't think they can detect low-level things, anyways.
You can start Strobelight, enable LightBoost, then quit Strobelight. That will bypass PunkBuster's detection of keyboard hooks.
LightBoost is not a cheat as it is a monitor feature. However, hotkeys are understandably potential helpers in cheating in other utilities, so that's why PB detects that.

You don't need to keep Strobelight running at all times, to keep LightBoost enabled. You only need Strobelight if you want to change LightBoost state.
09-17-2013, 11:45 AM (Last edited: 09-17-2013, 12:51 PM by Mister)
I just installed strobelight, rebooted and started it. It works fine on Windows. I enable it (ctrl+alt+plus) and disable it (ctrl+alt+minus) and it works: I notice the change of color, contrast, etc..
However, when I am playing Counter Strike Global Offensive and I alternate between enabled and disabled the colors remain the same, as if strobe would not work when I'm playing. Is this normal? Shouldn't the colors change in game as well? How can I check if strobe is actually working in game?

Also, I have noticed that if I modify my gamma setting in nVidia control panel it does not affect the game. I tried setting a really high gamma value (100%) and it worked on Windows, but when I tabbed to the game, gamma was default again...
Edit: I just googled this issue and apparently is a nVidia problem that has persisted for years. The only way for desktop colour settings to affect the game is to run it in windowed mode. I have enabled/disabled strobing in windowed mode and it works, I see the colour change. Taking this into account, does this mean that strobing was working in full screen mode and the only thing not being applied was the changes in nVidia control panel? I could accept that.

My setup is:
BenQ XL2411T (@ 120 Hz)
i7-950
GeForce GTX 580
6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Strobing can't be changed while a game is running full screen. You have to set it before starting the game, or configure the game to use a strobed refresh rate.

The monitor's menu should say "3D mode" when strobing is enabled. If it's not working, make sure the preferred refresh rate option in the NVIDIA control panel is set to application controlled and not highest available.

The gamma issue is not specific to NVIDIA. It's a limitation with full screen games in Windows having their own gamma settings separate from the desktop. There isn't a good solution for that. This works for some games: http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/
09-24-2013, 04:50 PM (Last edited: 09-24-2013, 10:40 PM by star brood)
(08-31-2013 12:19 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 07:57 PM)S_Snake Wrote:  Sorry if I repeat that thought from somebody. Strobelight breaks audio, i.e. when the monitor is connected with DP, activation LightBoost, HDA disappears from audio devices.
With AMD, use CRU to enable the extension block and reboot. That will force all the default non-strobed refresh rates to be available, but it shouldn't affect the installed refresh rates.

Thank you! I have been on chat with ASUS support trying to resolve this issue. I'll try this method when I get home.

P.S. 2D Lightboost is the greatest innovation I've seen in tech for a very long time. Thank you for providing this tool for public use and for helping us resolve quirky issues like this Big Grin

EDIT: I now have it fixed! Thanks again! The back of my computer is now less cluttered and I also have access to High Definition audio through my graphics card.