Elgato 4K Capture Card + Custom Refresh Rate, but No Audio
01-05-2018, 04:17 AM (Last edited: 01-05-2018, 04:18 AM by Deeghan)
Elgato 4K Capture Card + Custom Refresh Rate, but No Audio
I have an Elgato 4K capture card that was giving me a hard time with refresh rates due to the cloning bug that's been in Windows 10 since its inception. The culprit is likely Desktop Window Manager.

Anyway, CRU fixes this problem by allowing me to set up a custom resolution for the capture card so it'll run at the same refresh rate as my monitor. 3440x1440, 100hz rather than 60hz over HDMI. Works perfectly... except for audio. It was dead silent.

I read the instructions for adding audio support, followed them, and it started popping/clicking. I tried editing the existing extension block, removing one of detailed resolutions there, and adding my own and that did the exact same thing. The moment I go back to a standard resolution, audio via HDMI works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help/insight you can offer.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2018, 08:09 AM
RE: Elgato 4K Capture Card + Custom Refresh Rate, but No Audio
HDMI audio is mainly meant to be used with TV resolutions. For other resolutions, you have to make sure the blanking is large enough to accommodate the audio. Try setting the totals for 3440x1440 to 4000x1500. That should get you exactly 600 MHz pixel clock at 100 Hz. If that doesn't work, the capture card might not be able to transmit HDMI audio correctly at that resolution or refresh rate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply