Changed active pixels and stuff to make custom resolution work - monitor broken
04-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Changed active pixels and stuff to make custom resolution work - monitor broken
hello guys

i wanted to use nvidia surround but since my 3rd monitor is a 5:4 with only 1024 height i wanted to make a custom resolution with 1350*1080 to make 1080p available for nvidia surround.

multiple times it said the resolution wouldnt be working, so i randomly tried to chance the active pixels. by mistake i changed active pixels to something below 900 for width and height and all 3 monitors began going blank/artifacting.

after rebooting and using vga video mode i could revert everything but my 3rd 5:4 monitor stays black.

sometimes it says "out of range" but no matter which resolution or refreshrate i use it stays black.

did i break my monitor? the other 2 are working fine. i already tried switching cables (dvi, hdmi) but nothing seems to fix it. also used cru restart/restart64/reset but nothing seem to work. i also reinstalled nvidia gpu driver. full uninstall and reinstall

i want my 3rd monitor again Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Changed active pixels and stuff to make custom resolution work - monitor broken
I don't see how setting a lower width would break it. Try unplugging the 5:4 monitor's power for a minute to reset it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply