ASUS VG245H won't OC by even 1hz
04-05-2018, 09:47 PM
ASUS VG245H won't OC by even 1hz
Hey everyone, I have been trying on and off for a couple months to get this to work, and have had absolutely 0 results, so finally, I am going to reach out for some help.

I have the ASUS VG245h which is a 75hz gaming monitor as you know, it defaults out of the box at 60hz and can be immediately changed to 75hz without anything other than a simple right click and change.

That said, is that already a max overclock even though the box advertises it as a 75hz? Because....

I am hooked up with an HDMI cord, I believe it is 1.0
NVIDIA GTX 750ti *I have run the Nvidia patcher as well it found roughly 10 limits and patched them* (I did this obviously in my own troubleshooting from before asking here) so I may have to undue this?***
ASUS VG245H 75hz monitor with Freesync
When I go to blur busters and run the ufo test, I get 60hz even when asus monitor flickers and ACCEPTS 75hz and says im using 75hz as my selected option.

Use as admin or not,
LCD native/reduced etc or not,
Nvidia Control panel OR Cru Utility,

It always says out of range, no matter what.

I heard HDMI 1.0 will not run anything above 60hz at 1920x1080

So, is that the simple thing im missing? A different cord hardware wise? UHHH lol, if thats it, I am.... something inbetween smart and... something that thinks it must be more than an hdmi cord and don't even think of it LOL.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 11:13 PM (Last edited: 04-05-2018, 11:14 PM by ToastyX)
RE: ASUS VG245H won't OC by even 1hz
FreeSync monitors are not really made for overclocking, and some 75 Hz FreeSync monitors skip frames at 75 Hz with NVIDIA cards. 60 Hz on the UFO test just means the browser is running at the wrong refresh rate, not the monitor. I don't know why that happens for some people. Make sure hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser, and if you have two monitors connected, disconnect the other monitor. If you happen to be using Windows 7, make sure you're using the Aero theme so that hardware composition is enabled.

(04-05-2018 09:47 PM)DozenEggz Wrote:  I heard HDMI 1.0 will not run anything above 60hz at 1920x1080
That's not technically true. HDMI 1.0 supports up to 165 MHz pixel clock, and it's possible to squeeze 1920x1080 @ 75 Hz in there. The 750 Ti supports HDMI 1.4 anyway, which can handle 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz. Regardless, if you're getting a picture at 75 Hz, then the cable is not the problem. There's no way for the video card to know what cable you have, and it's not going to throttle the refresh rate because of the cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply