undeclocking monitor to one(thousand) precision
06-10-2019, 11:48 AM (Last edited: 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM by empleat)
undeclocking monitor to one(thousand) precision
Hello,
i have eizo foris fg2421 and i am using svp pro, i need matching fps my refresh rate. By the default it is 120.4hz. But i need to match it 119.880
In nvidia control panel, just by changing refresh rate, it doesn't match. I tried yet cru and all lcd modes, but it doesn't match exactly either. I don't know values for timmings, to set it up manually. I found 3 calculators, but there were missing values, or outdated. Can someone help me with timmings, to achieve this exact refresh rate.
Thank you.

EDIT: i downclocked it using lcd reduced mode and in cru is 119.880. But in my monitor's information in ocd is 119.7 So what is true, value showed on my monitor, or value in cru ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2019, 04:46 PM (Last edited: 06-12-2019, 04:48 PM by ToastyX)
RE: undeclocking monitor to one(thousand) precision
(06-10-2019 11:48 AM)empleat Wrote:  i have eizo foris fg2421 and i am using svp pro, i need matching fps my refresh rate. By the default it is 120.4hz. But i need to match it 119.880
In nvidia control panel, just by changing refresh rate, it doesn't match. I tried yet cru and all lcd modes, but it doesn't match exactly either.
It doesn't match with what? What are you using to determine the actual refresh rate? The monitor's OSD is approximate and not an accurate indicator of the exact refresh rate. CRU and the NVIDIA control panel show the logical software calculated refresh rate. The exact physical hardware refresh rate will vary slightly due to hardware clock variance, but normally not as much as the OSD shows.

This will calculate the actual refresh rate: https://www.displayhz.com/ Let it run for a minute to average the samples, and use Chrome or a Chromium-based browser for best results.

Also, this tool will calculate the horizontal/vertical totals and pixel clock needed to achieve an exact refresh rate: https://www.monitortests.com/pixelclock....120&rate=1
06-12-2019, 08:23 PM
RE: undeclocking monitor to one(thousand) precision
I have now 119.882 says reclock, close enough i guess. In cru is 119.880, while i enter 119.876, otherwise i would have slithly less, or more than 119.880. But after than it shows when i open detailed resolution 119.880 in manual tab.