Help getting 5k res... works on OSX not Win 10
11-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Help getting 5k res... works on OSX not Win 10
Hello,

I have a dual boot Late 2013 Macbook Pro with Nvidia GT750M and I can get 5120x2880 out of it using SwitchResX just fine.

I can't seem to make it work with Windows 10, using displayport in both cases.

I downloaded the Nvidia Pixel clock patcher and created an extension block with that resolution, restarted, and I do not see the resolution listed. I am not sure if that is the right way to achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: Help getting 5k res... works on OSX not Win 10
Isn't the native resolution 2880x1800? CRU can't add higher scaled resolutions.

Normally to get higher scaled resolutions with NVIDIA, you would have to enable Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in the NVIDIA control panel under 3D settings (see bottom): https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol...technology

That will only give you resolutions matching the aspect ratio though. Also, laptops with Intel CPUs usually have switchable graphics, so that option might not even be available. I don't know of a way to do this with the Intel GPU in Windows.
11-29-2019, 11:55 PM
(11-29-2019 09:32 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Isn't the native resolution 2880x1800? CRU can't add higher scaled resolutions.

Normally to get higher scaled resolutions with NVIDIA, you would have to enable Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in the NVIDIA control panel under 3D settings (see bottom): https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol...technology

That will only give you resolutions matching the aspect ratio though. Also, laptops with Intel CPUs usually have switchable graphics, so that option might not even be available. I don't know of a way to do this with the Intel GPU in Windows.

All I know is I can get it to that resolution in OSX with SwitchResX. I will try your suggestion, thanks!
11-30-2019, 03:36 PM
Update: the suggestion worked! Thanks so much. I can get much more info on screen now.