Assistance with EDID edit for Nvidia surround Acer x34p + 2 LG 27" monitors
12-05-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: Assistance with EDID edit for Nvidia surround Acer x34p + 2 LG 27" monitors
I've got practically the same setup as you except my Acer Predator is 144hz 27inch. Exact same problem. I've come to the conclusion that the monitors literally have to have the exact same profiles (same make - everything) for the Nvidia Surround util to work. All three monitors support the 2k 1440 res at 144mhz. Oddly though the Predator is 143.998 and the two LGs come in sat 143.977 (like that should make a difference). Anyway, if I take the Acer and one of the LGs it drops refresh to 60Hz. If I use the two LGs it gives me 144Hz. I'm suspecting if I get another LG it'll do all three at 144Hz.

Nvidia's Surround is a big disappointment nor been able to deal with these slight differences. I've used the CRU util to edit the underlying profiles (copying the LG profile and dumping it over the top of the Predator profile; done a reset and....nothing). Still stuck at 60Hz...

So the only solution seems to be fork out for another LG850-b or put up with 60Hz...yeah the latter is not going to happen. Thanks NVidia you suck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assistance with EDID edit for Nvidia surround Acer x34p + 2 LG 27" monitors - Pally - 12-05-2021 07:14 PM