Screen goes dim after turning monitor off and on again
12-02-2020, 11:03 PM
RE: Screen goes dim after turning monitor off and on again
I am encountering the same problem. Been using CRU for years on my monitor (LG 29UM59-p) to increase the freesync range from 45-75 to 40-75 hz. Working perfectly.

However, recently I tried to set it to 39 - 75hz. Ever since, whenever the screen goes off or the computer reboots, the screen is very dimmed. I have tried going back to 40-75hz but to no avail.

To fix it temporarily, I can either or use restart64.exe or reset the monitor itself via its own built-in menu. But this only works until next time the PC is rebooted.

I have even reinstalled windows 10, cleaned all drivers numerous times but I cannot seem to fix the issue.

Interestingly, the screen is totally fine until the moment windows loads something (I assume monitor driver/settings from registry) and then it goes dimmed (not dark).

In fact, the only way it got fixed permanently was by reinstalling windows 10 and by not using CR. But then my freesync range got stuck at 45-75. I could reboot as much as I want without issue. But as soon as I did CRU, the problem began again.

@Toasty do you think you could help to find a solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen goes dim after turning monitor off and on again - Nearox - 12-02-2020 11:03 PM