The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Question about XR341CK overclocking
07-24-2020, 05:51 AM
Question about XR341CK overclocking
Hi. I am new member here. I have Acer XR341CK freesync monitor (stock is 75Hz) paired with GTX 1080 Ti. Here is some strange results.

Anything beyond 60Hz with G-Sync disabled = frame skipping.

75Hz with G-Sync enabled = no frame skipping.

77Hz OC with G-Sync enabled = white screen / many artifacts.

Try with UHD 630. Anything beyond 60Hz is frame skipping. But the monitor can OC to 83Hz (still frame skipping).

The results with AMD graphics card is also skipping with anything beyond 60Hz. Unfortunately I am not sure at that time I activate freesync in driver or not and I don't have AMD card to test anymore.

G-Sync is OK on this monitor. Try pendulum demo / many games. There is no problem at all. Range is also great (start at 30Hz unlike many G-Sync compatible monitor that start at 48Hz)

The question is why monitor is working fine only when G-Sync is activated and why I can get 83Hz on UHD 630 and only 76Hz on Nvidia card ?

I use Nvidia driver and Intel graphics driver to overclock since the result with CRU is the same (just changing refresh rate alone). Should I adjust some timings / parameters in CRU to get higher than 76Hz with G-Sync activated ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about XR341CK overclocking - Enterprise24 - 07-24-2020 05:51 AM