The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Windows update ViewSonic 2458 issue
09-29-2020, 10:21 PM (Last edited: 09-29-2020, 11:31 PM by warden91)
Windows update ViewSonic 2458 issue
Hello!

I'm using CRU with my ViewSonic 2458 monitor for a time now without any issue. The only thing I used that I set the freesync range to 48-143 from 48-144 because if not there is a slight flickering in certain games. So yesterday I updated to Windows 10 (2004 version) and since then when I start my PC or switching to display port(PC) from hdmi input the whole screen turns darker. Exactly like if I go to AMD Radeon software and turn the contrast to 0. If I turn the monitor off then turn on the issue go away but I have to do this every time I turn on my PC or switching back from hdmi. This issue is only present if I set the freesync range to 48-143.

-Video card: amd r9 290
-PC connected with Display port
-Xbox with hdmi
-I also have a second monitor

Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT (more testing)
Maybe it isn't entirely cru related because when I go back to 48-144 range and start the PC it's fine but changing from hdmi to display the issue persist. I will try to contact microsoft support too.

**Edit (2)
After rolling back a Windows version (from 2004 to 1909) my issues stopped instantly and everything working as before. But what can I do now? Pray that microsoft will fix this issue in the future and don't update until then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Windows update ViewSonic 2458 issue - warden91 - 09-29-2020 10:21 PM