The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Can't change monitor resolution
08-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Can't change monitor resolution
I'm currently using an old Samsung TV as my monitor (UA32F5100 on an AMD RX 580) and I'm trying to change the resolution to 75Hz or higher. I also bought an HDMI 2.1 cable thinking it would help, but whatever I do, I can't seem to change the resolution to anything other 1920x1080@60Hz. I was under the impression that RX 580 supports HDMI 2.0 input at least. But it doesn't matter if I increase or decrease the size of the resolution or tweak the refresh rate via the AMD software or CRU.

The moment I attempt to set it to anything other than 1080p@60Hz on Win10 display settings, I get a black screen and the message: "Mode not supported. Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device." Not even 1080p@61Hz works, which I think is absurd.

I think I've done all that I could with my limited understanding of EDID tweaking. I've attached pics of what I have attempted so far via CRU. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can't change monitor resolution - Josaius - 08-17-2021 02:28 PM