ASUS VX248H EDID Flash Failure
01-20-2022, 08:09 AM (Last edited: 01-20-2022, 08:25 AM by kaxapo69)
RE: ASUS VX248H EDID Flash Failure
(01-20-2022 05:27 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I've heard of burn-in mode disabling write protection, but that might not apply to your monitor. The only other way I know is to physically modify the hardware to remove the write-protection pin from the EEPROM chip: https://blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/hardware-mod/

Yes but i tried it for the BURN IN mode i set it to ON i stay on the service menu and tried to flash but i still got the error, i tried exiting the service menu with it ON also but it stills get write error.

For the physical way, do you think my monitor have the same chip ? if yes im ok to try it ! =)

Thanks

Edit:

Quote:./edit-rw -w -s 0.01 X < edid_120hz-lightboost-only.bin
Note: The small delay (-s 0.01) is necessary, otherwise you get error messages. If you are trying to reflash other monitors, you may need larger values (especially on older models, such as the ASUS VG278H which has very slow I2C). Also, if you ever want to restore your old EDID, this is the same command you use (with the backup .bin file you saved). This is useful when you want to sell your monitor, for example.

PS: i dont tried to use this method of small delay, do you think the error comes from here ? on the tutorial i've watched the guy does not use this method of small delay and it works ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ASUS VX248H EDID Flash Failure - kaxapo69 - 01-20-2022, 04:50 AM
RE: ASUS VX248H EDID Flash Failure - kaxapo69 - 01-20-2022 08:09 AM