The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

New TV won't accept any changes from CRU when Game Mode is on
12-15-2022, 03:50 PM
New TV won't accept any changes from CRU when Game Mode is on
Hello, I've used CRU for a long time with different displays without issues, but 2 months ago I bought a new TV (Samsung 50QN90B) and it doesn't seem to accept any changes from CRU depending the device I connect

TV native resolution is 3840x2160, and can go up to 144Hz, although this refresh rate doesn't show up in CRU.

When I connect my TV to my old Laptop with an GTX 1060, I can make changes with CRU just fine with game mode on or off, but when I connect it with my PC with an RTX 3080 and turn game mode on, CRU profile doesn't include the extension block with HDMI resolutions, and if I try to create custom resolutions, or manually add a extension block to change VRR range, nothing works, the TV simply ignores everything, the only change it seems to accept is when I change the name of the TV.

I am also unable to create custom resolutions or use DSR using NVIDIA control panel.

I can only create custom resolutions when I first connect the HDMI cable, and never enable Game mode, that's the only time where the PC and TV allow me to create custom resolutions in Nvidia control panel and CRU

I'm using an HDMI 2.0 cable, but I talked to some people with HDMI 2.1 cable and they have the same issue, and strangely, they all have an NVIDIA RTX 3070 or 3080.

Here is how CRU lists my TV when connected to my Laptop (GTX 1060):

Here is how CRU lists my TV when connected to my Desktop (RTX 3080):

It creates a different profile with game mode off, but still no extension block.

I have tried at least 5 different NVIDIA Drivers, on Windows 10 and 11, and it makes no difference.

So, I want to understand what exactly is happening here, what exactly is game mode doing that prevents me from creating custom resolutions or customizing the TV's default resolutions, and why this only happens in my Desktop ? I really want to create a custom resolution of 3200x1800, but I can't find a way.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New TV won't accept any changes from CRU when Game Mode is on - le07 - 12-15-2022 03:50 PM