Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
10-03-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(10-02-2013 11:29 PM)Deasnutz Wrote:  Having an issue, forgive me if it's a repeat:

Initializing the display is not enabling lightboost. After installing a strobed refresh rate, I have to run the 3dvision wizard to get it on (light on the 2420tx).

I'm concerned if I try amd cards, I will have this issue.
If the initialization process fails, the program will report "No compatible displays found."

If the program starts up without any errors and shows the tray icon, then it's probably an issue with the installed refresh rates. Check both the NVIDIA control panel and the Windows screen resolution settings to make sure the installed refresh rates are actually available.

Right now, I'm aware of three things that can interfere with installed refresh rates on a single monitor setup:

1. Make sure GeForce Experience is not installed. GeForce Experience is known to trigger a bug in the NVIDIA driver that can cause issues with installed refresh rates.

2. Someone just reported that Samsung Magician also triggers the same bug in the NVIDIA driver when it scans for hardware on startup. There might be other programs that trigger the same problem.

3. Check the device manager under display adapters and make sure there are no mirror drivers or anything other than your video card. Mirror drivers create virtual devices that can interfere with installed refresh rates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - ToastyX - 10-03-2013 12:20 PM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM