Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-21-2015, 05:23 AM (Last edited: 08-21-2015, 08:44 AM by Wizard)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(08-20-2015 02:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-19-2015 11:43 PM)Wizard Wrote:  This may or may not be of importance, but when windows 10 is booting and when it gets to the login screen, the screen freezes and flickers off and on before it lets me type in my password. Could the OS be detecting the 3rd party EDID override automatically and override it with the default settings?
No, that shouldn't happen. That almost sounds like the GeForce Experience problem, but that should have been worked around in Beta 3. Maybe there's another driver bug that triggers under the same circumstances. If that's the case, something is doing a hardware scan, which triggers the bug in the driver. GeForce Experience and Samsung Magician were known to do this. Try uninstalling those if you have them installed. There might be other programs that trigger the problem that I don't know about.

Well the OS detecting the override was just a guess. It's possible that that is just how windows 10 starts. Once it boots it shows the login screen for about 8 seconds, and won't let me use the keyboard until it flickers on and off. The flicker is a lot shorter in duration than if I were to just run restart.exe and restart the graphics driver.

I DO use geforce experience, but do not use samsung magician. I guess I could 'try' to uninstall geforce experience, but I refuse to use that as a solution since I do like a lot of the things that geforce experience does, but I will test uninstalling it to see if that fixes the problem, for debugging purposes.

Since it's always better to have too much information than too little, I'm going to list all of the other programs I run at startup:

1. ToastyX Strobelight (obviously)
  2. Lightshot (lets me take, edit, and upload screenshots with like one button)
  3. OneDrive
  4. D3DOverrider (forces triple buffering in D3D9 games)
  5. Daemon Tools Lite (lets me mount ISO files on virtual disks)
  6. GeForce Experience
  7. Razer Synapse (mouse software)
  8. Killer Network Manager (some software that came with my ethernet driver, lets me customize bandwidth control which I never use)
  9. Razer Cortex (game booster)
  10. MSI Afterburner
  11. Rivatuner Statistics Server (comes with MSI Afterburner, provides ingame overlay, etc)
  12. Dropbox
  13. Process Lasso (basically task manager on steroids, monitors processes to see if they're using too much CPU, and lowers their priority if they are)
  14. Color Sustainer (basically forces ICC monitor profiles to be used)
  15. Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 (sound enhancement software)
  16. Avast Antivirus
  17. Steam
  18. Origin
  19. Evolve (basically the same thing as steam or origin)
  20. TeamViewer (remote control management)
  21. Splashtop (same as teamviewer)

I'm guessing the above won't help you much, so I'll just uninstall geforce experience and see if that solves the issue.

Actually now that I think about it, I might as well just try disabling ALL of my startup programs and see if that fixes the issue.

EDIT: Disabling ALL startup programs didn't fix the issue either, strobelight still pops up with 'no strobed refresh rates' and windows display settings still do not show the strobed refresh rates. Bummer.

EDIT2: Tried using DDU again and reinstalling the graphics driver WITHOUT Geforce Experience. Same problem. A couple of other things I just thought of. I'm using the SWAPPED version of the strobelight because I still do like to use 3d vision every now and then.
Some other probably unimportant info: I added scaled resolutions in CRU, since I do like to play SOME games in lower resolutions. I am also using the -off parameter since I don't want it starting up strobed. My main monitor is the VG248QE which I want strobelight to work with, and I have two other monitors connected as well.
None of these things should be causing the issue though. Any other suggestions that I could try would be great. By now I would have assumed it was windows 10's fault, but you're sure that's not the case?
I can't be the only one having this issue on windows 10 can I? Any other input is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - Wizard - 08-21-2015 05:23 AM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM