Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM (Last edited: 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM by mdrejhon)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
I am inserting screenshots below, to show people what Strobelight looks like:

[Image: http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/strobelight-setup.png] ... [Image: http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/strobelight.png]

I wanted to thank ToastyX for doing such a wonderful job in this LightBoost utility! Also, TestUFO, the Blur Busters Motion Tests is going to launch this weekend -- it is an excellent way of verifying whether LightBoost works or not.

For the record, Blur Busters only did testing of ToastyX Strobelight on nVidia products (I own multiple LightBoost monitors, both ASUS and BENQ). I believe in supporting nVidia because they made LightBoost. If you have not purchased a GPU yet, please consider leaning towards green instead of red. Although LightBoost can now be enabled independently of 3D Vision drivers (a side effect of any third party "easy LightBoost utility") -- Blur Busters does not wish to upset nVidia, while gently pointing out that nVidia needs to un-bundle LightBoost 2D from 3D Vision, and make it make it easier to enable LightBoost (like turning VSYNC ON/OFF). Again, please lean towards the Green Side (aka nVidia products) if you haven't purchased or upgraded your GPU yet.
__

Also, to test whether Strobelight is working use www.testufo.com -- the Blur Busters Motion Tests.
The best web-based motion test for LightBoost is: TestUFO: Moving Photo Test .... Turn on/off LightBoost while viewing this webpage in Google Chrome browser (the only release web browser at this time of writing to support VSYNC 120fps @ 120Hz).

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
Owner of BlurBusters.com and TestUFO.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - mdrejhon - 06-28-2013 03:23 PM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM