Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
01-15-2016, 09:17 AM (Last edited: 01-15-2016, 09:18 AM by octopus)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
This looks like excellent software. I can see from the UFO test page that "strobing on" really minimizes blur on my new ASUS VG248QE monitor. However I have to uninstall the software due to one particular issue that I'm having.

The issue is that when I go into 3D Vision mode my nVidia driver displays the message, "Warning: attempt to run Stereoscopic in non-stereo display mode, please change to a acceptable mode. See documentation for acceptable Stereoscopic 3D modes" in large red letters across my screen when I try to enable 3D Vision.

Its odd that the message comes up, because 3D Vision mode activates and seems to be running exactly as expected. Unfortunately the message stays there and does not go away with apparently no way to disable it.

I believe the issue is caused by some refresh rates that the strobelight software has set and in my case I do have an unusual setup that may be related. Specifically, I have the ASUS VG248QE as well as 2 older 60Hz monitors (1 at either side). Normally this isn't a problem for me though and with this setup I can either run a game in surround mode (on all 3 monitors) or in 3D Vision mode (on the 1 monitor).

If there is anything I can do to prevent the message from appearing please let me know. I wonder if it is maybe an issue that needs to be worked out in the software.

I am excited for this software because it really does make things smoother.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - octopus - 01-15-2016 09:17 AM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM