Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
07-02-2013, 06:22 PM (Last edited: 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM by mdrejhon)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(07-02-2013 06:17 PM)Black Octagon Wrote:  I know right. Y'all better be donating!!!
Agreed. Please donate to ToastyX, or consider buying a monitor through ToastyX's amazon Affiliate links:
Blur Busters also use Amazon Affiliate links and also has a donation page, but in this specific case, if you're reading this post anyway and considering buying a monitor, go ahead and buy through the above Amazon links, which will send a commission fee to ToastyX (as a method of donation).

(07-02-2013 02:30 PM)orangetriad Wrote:  Hey ToastyX, when I restart my computer it gives the error No compatible displays found. When I hit restart it takes it to lightboost mode and everything works fine I can turn it off and on. Can that dialog be disabled? Everything perfectly except for that error at the very start.
That can actually occur:
-- Your monitor's LightBoost was already successfully initialized through a different method.
-- Your monitor was still switching modes upon startup. Do you have any problems if you run strobelight manually, outside of the Startup folder?

(07-02-2013 01:53 AM)Mek. Wrote:  Thanks changing ports worked Toasty. However not seeing much of a difference with it on and then off. Maybe because in the game I play I get 500 fps and it's already super smooth?
Also check the LightBoost FAQ entry, "Q: LightBoost doesn’t eliminate motion blur for me. Why?". Also try doing the test while strafing sideways in front of a wall. 500fps should still benefit from LightBoost too, also try a slightly lower LightBoost setting (e.g. LightBoost strobe brightness=50%, or even LightBoost strobe brightness=10% if not too dark).

Also some gameplay styles (e.g. competition/pro gamers that only stare at the crosshairs and watch enemies via corner of eyes) won't benefit as much as people who track moving objects during fast panning motions (where LightBoost can have a major effect).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - mdrejhon - 07-02-2013 06:22 PM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM