Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-10-2013, 09:18 PM (Last edited: 08-10-2013, 09:35 PM by mdrejhon)
RE: Persistent 3D enabled on Monitor for dif. media sources?
(08-10-2013 08:55 PM)Burlz Wrote:  Question: Is there a way to make the LightBoost 3D persistently enabled in the monitor itself either by Hardware or internal software?
It's done by both the computer and the monitor. LightBoost needs two things simultaneously to work:
(1) A monitor-based hardware unlock. This is a one-time procedure after plugging in monitor. (That's what Strobelight does when it runs for first time)
(2) Custom video signal timings from the computer's GPU. LightBoost only works with a larger Vertical Total, such as 1147 instead of 1125.

To make LightBoost persistently enabled at 120Hz, simply delete all refresh rates for 1920x1080 except for LightBoost 120Hz (120Hz strobed). The easiest way to do this is to re-run Strobelight Setup and install ONLY one refresh rate (120Hz strobed). Viola. Everytime your games run at 1920x1080, it will be forced to run in LightBoost. You will not be able to turn off LightBoost until you unplug-replug your monitor from the power outlet, or if you reinstall refresh rates via Strobelight Setup.

(08-10-2013 08:55 PM)Burlz Wrote:  I see ... like everyone else ... the monumental advantage this has in competitive gaming but I would like to use the LightBoost hack for occasional games on my XBOX as well.
"LightBoosting" lower refresh rates is possible in a homebrew manner if you open up your LightBoost monitor to make modifications to cause it to strobe at different refresh rates. LightBoost is currently hardware-limited to strobe at 100Hz-120Hz. See Electronics Hacking: Creating a Strobe Backlight ... For good hacking, it is important to become familiar with the LightBoost ghosting behavior ... You will need an external strobe driver to replace the monitor's internal strobe driver, and make it trigger based on the monitor's VSYNC signal. You'll also want a strobe-length adjustment and a strobe-phasing adjustment, for the reasons documented in this link. Please contact me at mark[at]blurbusters.com if you want help hacking your monitor, because Blur Busters Blog would like to monitor your progress in hacking a LightBoost monitor. Take photographs of your progress. Blur Busters would love to cover your hacking endeavours!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persistent 3D enabled on Monitor for dif. media sources? - mdrejhon - 08-10-2013 09:18 PM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM