Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-31-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(08-29-2013 08:24 PM)crossfire266 Wrote:  I'm using a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter from my macbook pro retina to my BENQ XL2411T, is this the problem? Also I tried the CRT method it I think it works?
How do I know if lightboost is enabled because I got through applying it on nvidia settings and turned on 3d stereoscopic and have set the option to always but I don't notice any 'dim of screen' people claim to experience
Enabling LightBoost requires two steps:

1. Unlocking 3D mode in the monitor
2. Switching to 3D mode by changing to a certain resolution

Two problems:

1. All recent MacBooks have switchable graphics, which interferes with the ability to add custom resolutions with the needed refresh rates.

2. Active adapters act as converters, so the signal is being converted from DisplayPort to dual-link DVI. The adapter could be causing problems with DDC communications, which is needed to unlock 3D mode in the monitor.

What's interesting is DDC communication seems to be working even with switchable graphics, although unreliably. This means you can unlock 3D mode in the monitor using the CRU method, but you still need a way to create custom resolutions somehow.

The CRU method can't add custom resolutions with switchable graphics, but if the NVIDIA control panel lets you add custom resolutions, you can use the same values from CRU with the NVIDIA control panel to add the custom 120 Hz refresh rate. The monitor's menu should say "3D Mode" when LightBoost is enabled.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - ToastyX - 08-31-2013 01:58 AM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM