What's this effect on my projector?
04-29-2017, 06:30 AM
RE: What's this effect on my projector?
(03-05-2017 10:49 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If it happens at 1024x768 @ 120 Hz, then it's probably just a quirk of the projector. I don't know what could cause that kind of artifact other than the color wheel not being perfectly synchronized with the refresh rate, so it could be missing a color every few refreshes. If that's the case, it should show up on the frame skipping test with some squares having the wrong color. If not, then I don't know. If this were an LCD monitor, I would say it almost looks like overdrive artifacts, but that doesn't make sense for a projector.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, ToastyX. I've been testing more things these weeks and I finally came to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the 120hz refresh rate, pixel clock or whatever. I connected the projector by HDMI to the digital TV decoder, with a 60fps broadcast at 60hz, and this effect is also visible when there's a fast panning scene. I also tested my brother's projector that's similar (another model of LG LED DLP) and the same happens. Anyway this kind of "colorful ghosting" is not extremely noticeable unless you're a maniac like me, so it doesn't spoil any experience so far (I mean, I just noticed it because I was doing motion blur tests, after 2 years of use).

What I haven't tried is a more expensive HDMI cable, both me and my brother use normal ones, but I also don't think it is that because I tested with a VGA cable too with no difference. I hope I can get someday what it is exactly, maybe projectors have their own overdrive artifacts.

Greetings Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's this effect on my projector? - DeFierro - 04-29-2017 06:30 AM