ASUS VG248QE - Non-default aspect ratio and display scaling, is it enabled?
08-04-2018, 12:38 PM
RE: ASUS VG248QE - Non-default aspect ratio and display scaling, is it enabled?
(08-02-2018 08:16 PM)Shrib Wrote:  Anyway, I want to take advantage of my monitor's built-in crosshair and it was implemented off-centre: I've managed to find an aspect ratio which corrects this off-centredness and wish to use it. However, the Aspect Ratio menu option which is available with a recognised resolution such as 1280x960 (4:3) is greyed out for non-recognised aspect ratios such as the one I want. However, the screen is correctly stretched and the OSD's Display Information shows the resolution I want, but is this stretching being done by the display or the GPU (I have NVIDIA scaling set to None). I'm curious as to what is dictating the Fullscreen stretching if it is the display doing the work - why is it not just showing the resolution unstretched since the Aspect Ratio option is Greyed Out (but the greyed out option is on Full though). Is this the default mode of operation for non-recognised Aspect Ratios?
If the OSD shows the resolution you want, then the display is scaling. GPU scaling would show the native resolution. Monitors usually stretch to full screen by default.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASUS VG248QE - Non-default aspect ratio and display scaling, is it enabled? - ToastyX - 08-04-2018 12:38 PM