The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Can't switch between display / gpu scaling.
02-20-2014, 09:54 AM (Last edited: 02-20-2014, 09:56 AM by lime)
Can't switch between display / gpu scaling.
Heya,

long story short:

My GTX580 is connected to a BenQ XL2411T.

While using Windows 8 / 8.1 (x64) i was wondering about the missing option to choose the scaler. There is only GPU available in the dropdown menu, so I spent hours trying to get the setting, which IS available within Windows 7 and yes, it's working there.

Tried various drivers until 296.10 which is usually only a Windows 7 x64 driver due to its age. I got the damn setting back and it worked.

BUT:

1. The driver is as old as it's slow.
2. After installing refreshrates with Lightstrobe the option is gone again!

SO:

I need to know which registry key is being changed / overwritten so that the option isn't available anymore. This could lead me to a solution to use the display scaling even in newer drivers.

As far as i know, this is a problem known for XL2411t users as same as for VG248QE if they're using Windows 8 and upwards.
Like i said, in Windows 7 it works like intended, even with the latest drivers.

Need some experts here.

Phoenix EDID doesn't work as the import from registry says : 'Invalid EDID' - Now that i think about it, I didn't try that with the 296.10 ones, while the function was still there since I'm on the latest drivers again, hoping for a solution. I could try it again, but I want to try another method first. (Registry preferred)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can't switch between display / gpu scaling. - lime - 02-20-2014 09:54 AM