The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

CRU Tool / Dell Display Link D6000
03-11-2020, 12:19 PM
CRU Tool / Dell Display Link D6000
Hi Guys. Firstly I am glad I found this forum and tool. I almost achieved my goal and so hoping by a post here i'll get across the line. (and yes I will happily become a patron).

So, my set up is a Lenovo 64 bit machine running win10. The display adapter is an Intel UHD Graphics 620. Connected to the laptop via a usb-c port is a Dell DisplayLink 6000. Im using the DP ports to two 2 JVC LT-24 monitors using HDMI-D to HDMI. This set up has been great for the last 3 months

Then yesterday the left monitor for some reason, half way through the day, decided it was only using 640x480. I figured (after some google time) it is likely the EDID file.

I ran the CRU tool I found as before i have 3 entries active. 2 for the monitors and one for the laptop screen. So firstly i exported each. I then opened the one for the good monitor , hit copy, then opened the bad monitor and hit paste. I then ran the restart.exe (wasn't sure if I should have used the restart64.exe) then tried to make changes in display settings as apart from a lot of flickering screens for 10 seconds nothing else changed. I kept trying but nothing works. I did manage to prove to myself the CRU tool is working as I changed the bad monitor description from "No Monitor" to be "Left Screen" and i do see this in Display Settings now.

I also saw that i do now have an EDID override entry in the registry (local/system/current control set/enum/display) sitting next to the Device Parameters key.

After playing some more with CRU i find both screens are now stuck in low res.

However, if I connect the monitor directly to the laptop using HDMI-HDMI or monitor to HDMI port on the D6000 then the issue disappears. So does this suggest the EDID file on the monitor is in fact fine and the problem is with the dell d6000 DP (HDMI-D) ports? I downloaded the dell firmware update utility and update the d6000 successfully but no change.

I read that there is something called AMD Catalyst where you can force a resolution - of course I am on Intel so dont have this feature i assume. Until I can find a fix I guess I have to just use 1 monitor instead of two.

Thanks for any advice in advance (and of course i will thank you as a patron)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CRU Tool / Dell Display Link D6000 - Harters - 03-11-2020 12:19 PM