Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
10-22-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(10-22-2013 02:29 AM)Mentis Wrote:  I have 2 x 7970 in crossfire mode and using your strobelight hack. It's beautiful in desktop especially viewing the UFO page, but other than that, I can't play games in crossfire mode... I ran Borderlands 2, and other games like BF4, CS:GO, the screen flickers like crazy makes it totally unplayable.
That sounds like a CrossFire problem unrelated to LightBoost.

I would focus on the CrossFire bridge:

1. Try rotating the bridge so the ends are swapped.
2. Try moving the bridge to the other CrossFire connector.
3. Try using a different bridge.
4. Try using two bridges.

If that still doesn't work, try swapping the two cards so the MSI is the main one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 04:41 PM
(10-04-2013 05:54 PM)Wolrajh Wrote:  Hi,

I have a GTX 780 and a BenQ XL2411T, windows 7.

I don't seem to be able to have Strobelight Beta 2 by ToastyX coexist with stereoscopic 3D.
I get this message in red text overlay whenever I launch a game :

“Warning: attempt to run Stereoscopic 3D in a non-stereo
display mode, please change to an acceptable mode.
See documentation for acceptable Stereoscopic 3D modes.”

Stereoscopic 3D then doesn't work, or appears to be messed up ( depth looks like it's reversed, with back coming to the front ). And I can't get rid of the text.

Without Strobelight and its custom resolution, I do not get the message, Stereo works great, but, obviously, I do not get the Lightboost effect in 3D, be it on the desktop or in games that I want to play in 120hz 2D...

I already uninstalled geforce Experience. Simply switching StrobeLight off doesn't make stereo work, the whole thing has to be uninstalled along its custom resolutions.
One workaround is simply to switch the DVI port I used whenever I want 3D or 2D, but it's hardly a convenient solution...

Tested with Shadow Warrior and BF3 so far.

Any idea how to easily switch between stereo and strobbed 2D?

Discovered this "strobelight thing" a few days ago, and I'm having the same problem as you have, everytime I try to watch a 3D movie or play a game with 3D glasses I get that Warning message.

Tried to disable strobelight with "ctrl alt -" before running the game or playing the movie, uninstalled G-Force Experience, also installed different strobed and non-strobeb rates with the same results.

As you said, the only way to make it work is uninstalling the strobed rates on that screen.

So.. is there any way to make strobelight work without loosing the 3D? (Well, you dont actually lose 3D, but that big red message makes it impossible play a game or watch a movie with it)

Btw, I'm using a XL2420T with a GTX590 on 331.58 drivers.
10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I will release a fix for that soon. I've sent you a test version via PM.
10-22-2013, 07:01 PM
(10-22-2013 06:39 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I will release a fix for that soon. I've sent you a test version via PM.

Now it works perfect Big Grin

Will do more testing tomorrow.
10-23-2013, 12:18 PM
(10-22-2013 09:57 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 02:29 AM)Mentis Wrote:  I have 2 x 7970 in crossfire mode and using your strobelight hack. It's beautiful in desktop especially viewing the UFO page, but other than that, I can't play games in crossfire mode... I ran Borderlands 2, and other games like BF4, CS:GO, the screen flickers like crazy makes it totally unplayable.
That sounds like a CrossFire problem unrelated to LightBoost.

I would focus on the CrossFire bridge:

1. Try rotating the bridge so the ends are swapped.
2. Try moving the bridge to the other CrossFire connector.
3. Try using a different bridge.
4. Try using two bridges.

If that still doesn't work, try swapping the two cards so the MSI is the main one.

Ahhh finally swapped the cards, swapped the bridge, reinstalled cards from device manager, and reinstalled drivers. THEN it works now! Funny that I didn't have the flicker in crossfire without strobelight but flickers when I turn it on and play fullscreen. Thought it was strobelight but now it's fixed by reinstalling and swapping both cards & drivers. Thank you ToastyX!!!!! FPS looks super now! Big Grin
10-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Hello, I finally got ASUS VG248QE and I'm having trouble getting this to work on 144hz mode.

I tried using CRU to add it as well as through strobelight-setup but still it wont work.

BTW I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit
10-27-2013, 10:09 AM
(10-27-2013 08:58 AM)morosan Wrote:  Hello, I finally got ASUS VG248QE and I'm having trouble getting this to work on 144hz mode.

I tried using CRU to add it as well as through strobelight-setup but still it wont work.
What video card? How do you have it connected? Is 120/121 Hz working?
10-29-2013, 05:13 PM (Last edited: 10-29-2013, 05:14 PM by Fihnakis)
Any fix for HD audio using NVidia GPU? Saw from a search you were going to look into it for a future fix.

Great utility, tnx for making it.

EDIT: Guess specs might help. Using GTX 670 with an ASUS VG248 connected via display port @ 120hz
10-29-2013, 08:04 PM
(10-29-2013 05:13 PM)Fihnakis Wrote:  Any fix for HD audio using NVidia GPU? Saw from a search you were going to look into it for a future fix.
I will have a fix for that soon. I've sent you a test version via PM.
10-31-2013, 06:43 AM
(10-27-2013 10:09 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 08:58 AM)morosan Wrote:  Hello, I finally got ASUS VG248QE and I'm having trouble getting this to work on 144hz mode.

What video card? How do you have it connected? Is 120/121 Hz working?

Sorry forgot to mention.

HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5 connected through DVI.
Also I'm using the latest ccc 13.9 Win 8.1 version.

only 120hz, 110hz and 100hz shows (strobed). I tried adding others but when I restart it doesn't change. I uploaded an image hopefully you can look at it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)