AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
01-22-2022, 05:01 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(01-22-2022 03:53 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-22-2022 02:44 PM)matmanmining Wrote:  Recently, as of 1/20/2022, a windows update had created an issue with driver signing for RX570 gpus that have been overclocked. Is it possible that a new atikmdag patcher will be released?
Which update? What is the problem?

Thank you for the reply. Good questions. I will have to check the update. My rigs are showing the following error when I try to access radeon...... "Radeon drivers and software do not match"

I am no longer able to set vbios settings to the gpus.

An update last week went into my rigs. Problems started cropping up after subsequent reboots following the initial update installation.

My current solution is to DDU and roll-back to 21.1.1 then use current pixel patcher. I did this on one rig a few hours ago and I am now watching to see how well it sticks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2022, 12:13 AM
(01-22-2022 03:53 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-22-2022 02:44 PM)matmanmining Wrote:  Recently, as of 1/20/2022, a windows update had created an issue with driver signing for RX570 gpus that have been overclocked. Is it possible that a new atikmdag patcher will be released?
Which update? What is the problem?

Upon reinstall of Radeon 21.1.1 and using 1.4.12 things were fine. I had to reboot. After rebooting, the driver was no longer signed. I ran 1.4.12 and the signing no longer sticks.
01-23-2022, 01:02 AM
(01-23-2022 12:13 AM)matmanmining Wrote:  Upon reinstall of Radeon 21.1.1 and using 1.4.12 things were fine. I had to reboot. After rebooting, the driver was no longer signed. I ran 1.4.12 and the signing no longer sticks.
You're saying what you think is happening and not what's actually happening. The driver wouldn't unsign itself. Does the patcher give a signing error? Or do you mean the driver is not patched after rebooting? Patching and signing are two different things. If you can patch the driver but the patcher shows it's unpatched after rebooting, then something is reinstalling or upgrading the driver. "Radeon drivers and software do not match" means the driver version and the control panel version don't match, which should not happen unless something is changing the driver version. 21.1.1 is a year-old driver. Windows Update might be automatically upgrading to a newer driver but not upgrading the control panel, but you should be able to patch the driver again after it's installed.

Or did you mean 22.1.1? That should not happen with recent drivers. What version of Windows are you using? I'm not seeing a problem on Windows 10 with the latest updates. I recommend physically disconnecting from the Internet before using DDU and only reconnect after installing the driver and rebooting to prevent Windows Update from trying to update the driver before it's fully installed.
01-23-2022, 02:30 AM
OK. I beg your pardon. You are correct, I do not know what is happening. Here is what I do know.

The error "Radeon drivers and software do not match" is appearing on 5 rigs. I changed nothing, other than the windows update.

I have one rig, that I did a fresh windows install with Windows 10 N Pro. I installed Radeon 21.1.1, which is one year old. I added one gpu. I ran pixel patcher. I rebooted and everything was good. I shutdown and added 5 more GPUs. I restarted and all GPUs were found. I updated vbios settings and started miner. All good. After a reboot or two for various reasons, Radeon dashboard was no longer accessible and I could not post changes to the vbios.

I have another rig, that had a fresh install of Windows 10 N Pro did the same thing, except with the most recent Radeon version 22.1.2. The same issue presented itself.

It is entirely possible, that none of this relates to the patcher.

I have found a few references where people are having the same issue, specifically with RX570 gpus.

Any additional insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience.
01-23-2022, 02:43 AM
(01-23-2022 02:30 AM)matmanmining Wrote:  I have one rig, that I did a fresh windows install with Windows 10 N Pro. I installed Radeon 21.1.1, which is one year old. I added one gpu. I ran pixel patcher. I rebooted and everything was good. I shutdown and added 5 more GPUs. I restarted and all GPUs were found. I updated vbios settings and started miner. All good. After a reboot or two for various reasons, Radeon dashboard was no longer accessible and I could not post changes to the vbios.
Does the patcher show it's still patched when this happens? If not, then Windows Update is automatically installing a different driver for some reason. Since you have Pro, you can set a group policy to stop driver updates: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disab...windows-10
01-23-2022, 02:53 AM
Yes, patcher shows "already patched" after rebooting.

I will try to set the group policy to prevent updates.

Thanks for the tips.
02-20-2022, 10:15 PM
Hello, I have a MSI RX 460 gpu. I'm using 19.12.1 driver but when I patch I can't use Radeon Settings and it says "The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)" in device manager. Any solutions?
02-20-2022, 11:18 PM
(02-20-2022 10:15 PM)heIikopterheIikopter Wrote:  Hello, I have a MSI RX 460 gpu. I'm using 19.12.1 driver but when I patch I can't use Radeon Settings and it says "The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)" in device manager. Any solutions?

(09-07-2012 09:07 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
  • Riot Vanguard and FACEIT Anti-Cheat will not allow patched drivers to load.
03-13-2022, 01:55 PM
Hey, I've got C24FG73FQUX monitor and RX 470 4GB from Gigabyte, both connected by Display Port cable (1.2 monitor side, 1.4 GPU side). I've tried overclocking the monitor for lulz, but I found I've got a hard lock on 365 MHz pixel clock (automatic PC timings), which pixel clock patcher doesn't lift, screen works perfectly with 151.142 Hz refresh rate, which equals to 364.99 MHz pixel clock. Firmware side lock or something else?
03-13-2022, 09:28 PM
(03-13-2022 01:55 PM)SirHawk Wrote:  Hey, I've got C24FG73FQUX monitor and RX 470 4GB from Gigabyte, both connected by Display Port cable (1.2 monitor side, 1.4 GPU side). I've tried overclocking the monitor for lulz, but I found I've got a hard lock on 365 MHz pixel clock (automatic PC timings), which pixel clock patcher doesn't lift, screen works perfectly with 151.142 Hz refresh rate, which equals to 364.99 MHz pixel clock. Firmware side lock or something else?
The patcher does not affect DisplayPort limits, and it's for bypassing driver limits, like if the driver won't allow the resolution to be listed at all. If you can set the resolution but the monitor won't display it, then it's a monitor limit.