Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
02-16-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hello,i've benq xl2411t and ati 5770.I used lightboost but the colors are really bad.Can anyone help me?I need screenshot with colors settings in ati card(ati catalyst control center).I play counter strike,call of duty 4.Thanks so much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
The green light 3d option my monitor BENQ XL2420T is on when I'm using the strobelight SWAPED and'm playing. When I use the beta 4 version the same green light is lit only on desktop. When I enter the game it goes, this is because the beta 4 Stroblelight not work for me with the game in Full Screen?
02-16-2014, 03:16 PM
(02-16-2014 02:17 PM)dnL_ Wrote:  The green light 3d option my monitor BENQ XL2420T is on when I'm using the strobelight SWAPED and'm playing. When I use the beta 4 version the same green light is lit only on desktop. When I enter the game it goes, this is because the beta 4 Stroblelight not work for me with the game in Full Screen?
Are you using the normal Beta 4 version or the swapped version? There should be no difference between Beta 3 swapped and Beta 4 swapped.

Whether LightBoost is active or not depends on the refresh rate. You need to make sure the game is using the correct refresh rate. Strobelight does not control what refresh rate the game is using.
02-16-2014, 04:27 PM
(02-16-2014 11:10 AM)realizeee Wrote:  Hello,i've benq xl2411t and ati 5770.I used lightboost but the colors are really bad.Can anyone help me?I need screenshot with colors settings in ati card(ati catalyst control center).I play counter strike,call of duty 4.Thanks so much!
I can't help you with color settings. That depends on the individual monitor and your own preferences. Also, many games will ignore the desktop color settings, and there isn't much that can be done about that.
02-16-2014, 07:21 PM (Last edited: 02-16-2014, 07:23 PM by dnL_)
I'm using the beta 3 swaped.
To activate it in BF4 we change to 120.50 hz. Correct ?
02-16-2014, 08:55 PM
(02-16-2014 07:21 PM)dnL_ Wrote:  I'm using the beta 3 swaped.
To activate it in BF4 we change to 120.50 hz. Correct ?
I mean which version of Beta 4 did you try? Beta 4 swapped and Beta 3 swapped should work the same way.

The swapped version uses 120.5 Hz (usually listed as 121 Hz) for LightBoost, while the regular version uses 120 Hz.
02-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Hello. I installed Strobelight and everything seems to be working when I'm at the desktop. If I check my monitor osd I can see Nvida 3d Boost option. The problem is when I launch a game (Darkfall Unholy Wars) I no longer have Nvida 3d Boost option in my osd. It replaced with the rest of my old profiles. I don't think its working when my game is running. Have any ideas?
02-18-2014, 08:09 AM
(02-16-2014 11:41 PM)Cidd Wrote:  Hello. I installed Strobelight and everything seems to be working when I'm at the desktop. If I check my monitor osd I can see Nvida 3d Boost option. The problem is when I launch a game (Darkfall Unholy Wars) I no longer have Nvida 3d Boost option in my osd. It replaced with the rest of my old profiles. I don't think its working when my game is running. Have any ideas?
You need to make sure the game is using the correct refresh rate. Many games will use the desktop refresh rate, and some games have a refresh rate option that you can set. A few games will try to force 60 Hz or the lowest refresh rate, but if you only have 120 Hz (strobed) and 121 Hz installed, it should use 120 Hz.

If you have an NVIDIA card, check the NVIDIA control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and make sure "Preferred refresh rate" is set to "Application controlled" and not "Highest available" so it doesn't try to force 121 Hz.
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
(02-18-2014 08:09 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-16-2014 11:41 PM)Cidd Wrote:  Hello. I installed Strobelight and everything seems to be working when I'm at the desktop. If I check my monitor osd I can see Nvida 3d Boost option. The problem is when I launch a game (Darkfall Unholy Wars) I no longer have Nvida 3d Boost option in my osd. It replaced with the rest of my old profiles. I don't think its working when my game is running. Have any ideas?
You need to make sure the game is using the correct refresh rate. Many games will use the desktop refresh rate, and some games have a refresh rate option that you can set. A few games will try to force 60 Hz or the lowest refresh rate, but if you only have 120 Hz (strobed) and 121 Hz installed, it should use 120 Hz.

If you have an NVIDIA card, check the NVIDIA control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and make sure "Preferred refresh rate" is set to "Application controlled" and not "Highest available" so it doesn't try to force 121 Hz.

It's set at 120hz. I have only 120 and 121 installed. Also when I have Vsync on it stays at 120. I have it set to "Application controlled".

My monitor on screen display still shows all the options to change my display setting when I'm in game. When I'm at my desktop the only thing I can change is Lightboost and Contrast. Thats what makes me think its not working when I'm playing games. Or does that not matter? Also the screen is not Dim when I play games like it is when I'm at the desktop. Any advice?
02-18-2014, 11:07 PM
(02-18-2014 07:56 PM)Cidd Wrote:  My monitor on screen display still shows all the options to change my display setting when I'm in game. When I'm at my desktop the only thing I can change is Lightboost and Contrast. Thats what makes me think its not working when I'm playing games. Or does that not matter? Also the screen is not Dim when I play games like it is when I'm at the desktop. Any advice?
That means LightBoost isn't on, but I don't see why that would happen if it works on the desktop and the game is running at 120 Hz. Are the installed refresh rates listed in the Windows screen resolution advanced settings?