AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
07-26-2014, 12:12 PM (Last edited: 07-26-2014, 12:34 PM by smartrio)
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
i download the archive and then it dont open, i try to download again, and cant download it... just clear page... dunno what to do, i try to google it but cant find this file at the onther resources Sad
i need u sooo mutch ToastyX Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 01:30 AM
(07-26-2014 12:26 AM)smartrio Wrote:  link dosent work at all, fix plz =)
and i have a question how can i sure that my monitor run at 72 ghz? (i try overclock from 60 to 72, this was in a review of my monitor)
The link works fine. Don't use broken antivirus programs that mess with running programs and blocks things without telling you.

Use this to test for frame skipping: http://testufo.com/#test=frameskipping
07-27-2014, 09:03 AM
thank u friend Smile
07-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Toasty... you are a mad genius and I'm sending you some more money. I was literally just about to come over here to ask if some of the issues I've been having could be pixel clock related and there's a new update waiting for me. Unfortunately I'm still having the problem after updating. Sad

My new 290 has been kinda teetering back and forth between 60Hz and 120Hz and it's very strange. It will be working fine, smooth as silk in Chrome (does it in Internet Explorer, too)... and then just decide to start looking more like 30fps than 120. Have vsync and all that working fine, it works sometimes for 5 minutes or so, and then splat. The weird part is... the screen is still at 120Hz when it happens and ufotest is valid and stable and looks smooth going across the screen horizontal. But scrolling vertical looks horrible. Sometimes it will just randomly go back to looking smooth... too. No clue what's going on.

For reference, I have a 295x2 as well, and it will do the same exact thing--but turning off PCIE link state power saving fixes it with the dual GPU card.

This single 290 as well as a single 290x all do this. The single GPU cards I can't figure out how to fix it though. Any ideas?

I don't think there's anything wrong with any of the cards... 3d games work fine even with the pixel clock chumming along at 469.85Mhz (120Hz on my Catleap). Cards not overheating... it definitely seems to be related to the refresh rate. I'll try lowering it... but that's pretty painful. The monitor itself loves 120Hz. It's silent and runs like a champ in games. The only time I ever have weirdness seems to concern the voltage. When this happens, the card stops bouncing voltage up to the 3D clock 1.2v whatever and just stays steady at the idle voltage. Of course, I have tried MSI afterburner and turning the option to keep steady voltage on (which has zero effect), as well as unofficial overclocking mode, which causes BSOD.

Any assistance would be much appreciated Big Grin
07-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Hey man,

Works great my Qnix does 120hz ingames

Though youtube playback is black.
I crossed of hardware acceleration in chrome settings but that did nothing Sad
07-27-2014, 11:51 PM (Last edited: 07-27-2014, 11:52 PM by Bluesun311)
(07-27-2014 05:19 PM)ZheRooH Wrote:  Hey man,

That's weird. I checked and Youtube is working fine on my Catleap at 120Hz in Chrome on Win 8.1. I do get stuttering from some types of videos but there usually is a work around.
07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
(07-27-2014 05:19 PM)ZheRooH Wrote:  Hey man,

Do not disable hardware acceleration in Chrome. Disable it in the Flash Player settings. Did you follow the instructions for disabling the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders? This is required for some HTML5 videos to work.
07-28-2014, 02:32 PM
(07-27-2014 12:56 PM)Bluesun311 Wrote:  My new 290 has been kinda teetering back and forth between 60Hz and 120Hz and it's very strange. It will be working fine, smooth as silk in Chrome (does it in Internet Explorer, too)... and then just decide to start looking more like 30fps than 120. Have vsync and all that working fine, it works sometimes for 5 minutes or so, and then splat. The weird part is... the screen is still at 120Hz when it happens and ufotest is valid and stable and looks smooth going across the screen horizontal. But scrolling vertical looks horrible. Sometimes it will just randomly go back to looking smooth... too. No clue what's going on.
Is this with Windows 8.1? I haven't used Windows 8.1 much, but it seems to throttle the UI frame rate when GPU utilization is low, which can make scrolling and moving windows around choppy. That shouldn't affect games though. If it's not that, then I'm not sure what you're seeing.
07-28-2014, 11:10 PM (Last edited: 07-29-2014, 12:37 AM by Bluesun311)
(07-28-2014 02:32 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Is this with Windows 8.1? I haven't used Windows 8.1 much, but it seems to throttle the UI frame rate when GPU utilization is low, which can make scrolling and moving windows around choppy. That shouldn't affect games though. If it's not that, then I'm not sure what you're seeing.

It's in both Windows 8.1 and 7. It doesn't affect games at all. Card seems fine when it knows it's time to work. But yeah--I can't figure out how to keep it in high performance mode all the time. Sad

I can say for sure that RadeonPro helps a lot, but it's not perfect. Sometimes I have to open up anew window or something to get 120Hz vertical scrolling motion back, but the more I mess with it the better it's gotten--I don't have to restart the machine anymore. This doesn't affect the motion of windows I don't think, only the scrolling Framerate in Internet Explorer and other browsers.

Edit: No, you're right the windows even move at 30Fps or whatever when this is going on. It's very strange. If I get up and walk away when it happens, sometimes when I come back it's fine again. Bad card you think? It's so weird that they are all doing this on my comp. I'm half tempted to order a totally different motherboard like a Gigabyte and see if that helps at all. I did completely solve it while using the 295x2 by turning off PCIE link state support in windows power control.
07-29-2014, 01:41 AM (Last edited: 07-29-2014, 01:56 AM by Bluesun311)
I got it Toasty! It's stupid. I had the vertical timings too low I guess. My timings worked fine, but it was throwing the AMD idle voltage power saving function off. It was still idling, but not very stable.

Was using vertical total of 1444--
Needs to be 1453 it looks like.

NVM. It decided to start doing it again. about ready to throw my computer out the window.